Mission Planner - Pixhawk CLI Connention Problem

I updated the Mission Planner to 1.2.95, but I got the problem to connect the pixhawk to CLI terminal mode. I have no problem to connect it to "flight data" and "configuration/tuning", only have trouble in CLI mode. I cannot do compassmot due to that problem. Does anyone know exactly what problem is? I attached the picture that when I try to connect in CLI. I try to disconnect and reconnect the usb multiple time but still no help.

3691098656?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you set "CLI_ENABLED = 1" to access the CLI mode.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arducopter-parameters/#cli_enable_...

• I finally figure out where was the problem. The fact is that I connected the minimosd to telemetry port 1,  so that the pixhawk cannot go into cli properly. As long as I remove the cable, I can go into cli mode. Thanks everybody offering help.

• I'm having the same experience 6mo later.

With my minimOSD connected to telemetry port 2 (3dr radio on telemetry port 1) I get garbage when trying to connect to the pixhawk in terminal mode (tried various settings including USB and telemetry radios at different speeds with different port settings).

Something about the minimOSD is conflicting with PixHawk's terminal mode.

If I simply disconnect the minimOSD all is well. So we have a workaround, but it'd be nice to have root cause / fix on this one.

• Thanks for advices. However, I try to click connect within 2 seconds after plugging in the USB cable, but still cannot connect to CLI. As shown in the picture, it seems read something but not going into CLI.

• Admin

@Issac,

I have had good success connecting to my Pixhawk in the Terminal Mode by waiting until I hear the musical tones and then clicking the Connect button.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer 

• Hi Thomas, Thanks for your advice, however, my problem is still yet to be solved, no matter what the timing I click "connect" button. Whenever I click the "connect" bottom, the pixhawk will reboot and went into the weird status as shown in the picture.

• MR60

Anyway until next release you cannot do a compasssmot on pixhawk as it is bugged.

• Double check that your Com Port has not changed. Also, you need to connect CLI when you first plug in the USB cable from the Pixhawk. Go to CLI screen, make sure right com port is set and click connect a few seconds after plugging in the USB cable.

Steven

This reply was deleted.

Activity