Anybody else have this kind of problem:

After updating to MissionPlanner 1.2.55, the entire MissionPlanner crashes during its start-up.  The splash screen shows up and very soon after that it stops responding.  The console shows a "fatal app exception":

-----clip-------

If your error is about Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, please install the latest directx redist from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

INFO Program - ******************* Logging Configured *******************
7 digits 180 -180 -37,12346 37,12346 150,1235
INFO ArdupilotMega.MainV2 - Mainv2 ctor
FATAL Program - Fatal app exception
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial Narrow' does not support style 'Regular'.
   at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize)
   at ArdupilotMega.MainV2.InitializeComponent() in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\MainV2.Designer.cs:line 238
   at ArdupilotMega.MainV2..ctor() in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\MainV2.cs:line 177
   at ArdupilotMega.Program.Main() in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\Program.cs:line 179
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Arial Narrow' does not support style 'Regular'.
   at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
   at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize)
   at ArdupilotMega.MainV2.InitializeComponent() in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\MainV2.Designer.cs:line 238
   at ArdupilotMega.MainV2..ctor() in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\MainV2.cs:line 177
   at ArdupilotMega.Program.Main() in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\Program.cs:line 179

Press any key to exit!

----clip-------

Screenshot:

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-24%20at%2014.39.14%20.png

Steps to reproduce:

1. A clean install of MissionPlanner 1.2.53

2. upon start-up Mission planner informs about an available update.  Accept the update.

3. When update is complete, updated MissionPlanner launches and exhibits the problem described above.

Workaround:

Uninstall MissionPlanner and do a new clean install of 1.2.53.  Do NOT accept updates!

cheers

-mikko

Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 14.39.14 .png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Michael & Christian,

Installing Arial Narrow fixed the problem.  Surprised that is was not included in base Windows to begin with...

cheers

-mikko

• exactly that's the case with certain Windows 7 versions.

I also had exactly the same issue on my PC.

this helped me out: http://www.fontsupply.com/fonts/A/Arialn.html

br from vienna,

christian

• Developer

Check is your os has the font "arial narrow", it sounds like it is missing.

• ... One more note...

I was trying to find out what causes this, but it seems that 1.2.55 is not in git yet so I could not really dig int this at all. 

What is the release management process for MissionPlanner?

-mikko

This reply was deleted.

Activity