Motors running at 25% on start up!

Here is was is going on.  I have an ArduCopter kit running NG/RC2 with GPS and Mag in "X" mode.  I have successfully calibrated my ACC, Mag and ESC's with CLI.  I also ran the min throttle calibration and it logged a min throttle of 1109.  I disconnected the battery and the USB.  Switched CLI off and connected the battery.  ESC's arm normally then the motors start to run at about 25% throttle.  I know that this is a software/programming issue but I am not sure how to correct it.  I was going to connect to the Configurator but I would prefer to solve this on my Mac.  Thanks for your continued assistance.

Here are a couple of pictures just because I think that it came out as a clean build.

AC Build Side.jpg

AC Build Top.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

I don't think this is really a bug.  The motors are suppose to run once armed.  This is safer in some ways because you ensure that no engines never stop even when doing extreme maneuvers (i.e. like turning while decending quickly).

The motor's aren't turning enough for it to actually take off right?  Just spinning.  Mine is always like that.

• Did you read this one, http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/code-proposal-fix-for-arming?xg_s... ?

It sounds a little like you are dealing with that bug. If you read down the thread there is a very simple fix. Move one (or two lines).

• Since moving to NG and in the X config, I get motors running when the throttle is armed (lower left). They run at about 25% until I disarm the motors.

I did make another mod where the ESC cables only have one ground and the sensor lines are on a single 3 way connector.

• I replaced the Turnegy SS 25A ESC's with the m2m, OEM, ESC's. That solved the motors running at start up.  But now I cannot arm the motors.  More reading.
  • I have reloaded the code, reset the eeprom, redone just about everything several times and nothing has worked.  At this point I cannot even get the esc's to calibrate with CLI.  I am lost, frustrated and tired.  I will try this again tomorrow.  I hope someone has some help to offer.
  • I just tried Configurator v1.22.  It did not work.  I kept loosing connection with the APM/IMU and when I tried to calibrate the transmitter, I saw no input from it.  Gave up since I don't like working with it anyway and I don't trust it's accuracy.  Any suggestions?
  • What did you paint your arms with?
This reply was deleted.

Activity