Replies

• As documentation to solve this subject, follow LarryF's instructions here:

http://3drpilots.com/threads/using-tower-survey-what-to-do-for-long...

The other key bit of information is to click in the "Actions" tab and click on the "Customize" that comes up. You will see that the default now is that "tabActinsSimple" is checked, but not "tabActions" which is what you want. Then you get the window where you can set the waypoint manually as LarryF showed.

• And can you please bring these functions back?

Rick Huebner said:

Michael, I used to do this from the ActionS tab when it looked like this picture, but now I have only AUTO, LOITER, RTL. Is this an intentional change?

Michael Oborne said:

you need to manual set the start point for the mission after the first battery.
    ie if the last rtl was at point 30, you would need to manualy set the wp to 31.

you can do this on flightdata from the actions tab.

• Michael, I used to do this from the ActionS tab when it looked like this picture, but now I have only AUTO, LOITER, RTL. Is this an intentional change? 3702378518?profile=original

Michael Oborne said:

you need to manual set the start point for the mission after the first battery.
    ie if the last rtl was at point 30, you would need to manualy set the wp to 31.

you can do this on flightdata from the actions tab.

• Yeah we use it all the time. If you have a mission plan and you have a total flight time of 30 and split it into 2 segments it will cut the plan in half making 2 15 minute flights. If you do 3 segments it will make 3 10 minute flights etc. Also we have known that it will always finish the entire flight line it will never stop half way which is nice. Its rather easy to use once you get the hang of it. Say if you did a 20 minute total flight time split it into 2 segments 10 minutes each. It will load the 2 10 minute segments into mission planner and you can actually scroll down and see it will send it home half way. Once that happens we leave mission planner open disconnect and swap batteries and then reconnect. We then leave the same flight plan open and just use the "X" to delete each line item until you get to the 2nd take off command. You will also start to see the flight lines disappear on your map as well. Then we write waypoints and it will do the 2nd half. Sounds confusing but very easy.

• Checked it in Full Parameter List,  still not sure if this can be done with a power down:

MIS_RESTART: Mission Restart when entering Auto mode

Note: This parameter is for advanced users

Controls mission starting point when entering Auto mode (either restart from beginning of mission or resume from last command run)

Values
    Value Meaning
    0 Resume Mission
    1 Restart Mission

Niels G. said:

Isn't there an option in MP where it says: Resume Mission from last waypoint? The other option is "Start from beginning" i think. 

I guess you need to set this option to "resume from last". 

From my understanding this should resume the mission from the last flown waypoint which would be the last before the rtl/landing. 

can anyone confirm this? I'm currently away from home so ne drone available to check it myself

• Isn't there an option in MP where it says: Resume Mission from last waypoint? The other option is "Start from beginning" i think. 

I guess you need to set this option to "resume from last". 

From my understanding this should resume the mission from the last flown waypoint which would be the last before the rtl/landing. 

can anyone confirm this? I'm currently away from home so ne drone available to check it myself

• Perfect Andy, yours is actually the most simple workable solution for breaking plan segments, especially after saving the initial survey we can recall anytime the deleted WPs for the future missions on the same field. Thanks a ton.

Subi Thomas

Andrew Loerch said:

Since this discussion is still relevant, here are my observations:

1. Split into 'X' segments does not perform as one would expect, given the interface/wording within mission planner and the creation of waypoints.

2. With 2 iris+'s, and two other quadcopters using pixhawks, my experience has been exactly what is stated in this discussion: After the first RTL and battery switch, when the drone takes off and is switched to auto mode, it will go for waypoint 1, and not the first waypoint of the second section.

Given that MP will insert a takeoff and a landing waypoint at the start and end of each segment, my process has been a simple workaround. I select all waypoints for the first section that was just completed, delete the waypoints from the plan so that the new waypoint 1 is the takeoff waypoint for the second section, and then I write the mission to the pixhawk. 

This is not an elegant solution, but it is not clear to me from the MP documentation that the flown sections are meant to be remembered and the next section automatically flown. From what I can tell, the current segment behavior is the intended segment behavior, and the solution of removing the previously flown waypoints is the required, best, or comparable to the best solution, given the application's current design.

I hope this helps, for anyone doing flight segments

EDIT: I always save my survey grids, so that I can reuse them in the future. This is useful when doing segments, since you will be deleting the waypoints as each segment completes. If you want to use those same deleted waypoints again, just reload your saved grid. 

• Since this discussion is still relevant, here are my observations:

1. Split into 'X' segments does not perform as one would expect, given the interface/wording within mission planner and the creation of waypoints.

2. With 2 iris+'s, and two other quadcopters using pixhawks, my experience has been exactly what is stated in this discussion: After the first RTL and battery switch, when the drone takes off and is switched to auto mode, it will go for waypoint 1, and not the first waypoint of the second section.

Given that MP will insert a takeoff and a landing waypoint at the start and end of each segment, my process has been a simple workaround. I select all waypoints for the first section that was just completed, delete the waypoints from the plan so that the new waypoint 1 is the takeoff waypoint for the second section, and then I write the mission to the pixhawk. 

This is not an elegant solution, but it is not clear to me from the MP documentation that the flown sections are meant to be remembered and the next section automatically flown. From what I can tell, the current segment behavior is the intended segment behavior, and the solution of removing the previously flown waypoints is the required, best, or comparable to the best solution, given the application's current design.

I hope this helps, for anyone doing flight segments

EDIT: I always save my survey grids, so that I can reuse them in the future. This is useful when doing segments, since you will be deleting the waypoints as each segment completes. If you want to use those same deleted waypoints again, just reload your saved grid. 

• Hello,

I am having the same problem. I proceed just as Tim V's workflow, and the droid flies to WP 1 after battery swap.

I have tried both while powering droid via USB during battery swap for uninterrupted current, and performing battery swap without auxiliary power (powerdown). I am flying an IRIS+, using MP 1.3.41 build 1.1.6110.31287

Thanks!

ms

• Developer

have you tried it?

i think i may need to look at ti again givben some recent changes.

but it adds rtl's inside the mission, so you could come back and land, and then resume where you left off.

This reply was deleted.

Activity