I'm Alex from belgium.Just Discovered The Arducopter 3-4 days ago.
I love this project and just Decided to build mine.
My RC World Knowledge ... Null
My DIY experience ... 1000% All I Can Do by myself I did!
Hope Some guys here Cdn bracket me and point me in the right direction.
Here we go.
Quadcopter is based Arducopter system.
Special feature: camera mount, LED navigation, and a second time in FPV mode.
Parts and material
- Electronics : ArduPilot Mega,ArduPilot Mega IMU,Pin Headers,Con Headers,Servo cable, Magnetometer, GPS...
- Frame: fully home made. Materials yet undefined goal I Have access to a cnc machine. I think the arms are made of aluminum and other composite materials
- Radio tx / rx: Eurgle 2.4GHz 9 Channel Radio
- Battery: 2 x 5800mAh 30C ZIPPY Flightma3S1P (only one they are mounted, The Other Is In Reserve)
- Motors: because the battery is bigger and the quadcopter will be equipped with a camera mount I do not know what engine power, or what model should I choose, there are so many type, I'm lost...
- Propellers: Again, I do not know whatI have to to choose propellers in line with the engines, size,....
- ESC: once I can defined the engines, I could choose the esc. Do you have any specific advice?
- Servo: I need 2 servos for the Camera wort. I dont know exactly What I need.
Here is the basic work of my project. I still have a lot of questions and unknowns. I try to look for the more answers by myself but I hope that you will give me some help here.
- Navigation LEDs: I would like to know how many output are still available on the arduino and what is the output voltage? Do you have any info on navigation LED programming for the arducopter ?
- Range / Autonomy: To get an idea, what can we expect as range and Autonomy with a 5800mAh battery?
Hope I can learn and share many things in this community