my quadcopter is self rotating

Hi all,

My quad-copter uses apm2.6 without compass and GPS. All calibrations are done. But it'll self rotate very fast and crash while I launch it in the sky. Any idea what am I supposed to do?

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Or we can go down a simple list and check to see if motor 1 one spins the proper direction and 2 and 3 and 4. Opposite motors should spin the same way...for example

top left clockwise, top right counter clockwise

bottom left Counter, bottom right clockwise

If any one is not spinning the correct way just swap any two wires coming from the ESC to the motor. don't forget to swap your props either....

The propellers need to be in counter-rotating pairs, two spin clockwise and two spin counter-clockwise. This way, the helicopter does not spin on the vertical axis since the rotational enertia is cancelled out. But when the pair that's spinning in one direction is faster than the other pair, the helicopter will spin on the vertical axis. This is how the helicopter controls its direction. So you just might need to calibrate the ESCs a few times if everything else checks out.

• So it's not because I don't have the compass? BTW, does it cause any effect if I don't have the compass?

• I did not mention anything about a compass. Only the rotation of the motors and props. I don't see where anyone stated anything about a compass.

• Thak you very much!!!

• sounds like one or more motors are twisted creating a torque reaction, enable motor logs and check to see if motors 1 and 2 are either both higher or lowew than 3 and 4

• Thanks! I'll take a check!

This reply was deleted.

Activity