Mystery Ublox Hardware

Does anyone have any information on this board?  I bought a couple to take the LEA-4T off - it's a long story but I need the phase measurements and the UBLOX 4 series is fine - but it occurs to me that I may be taking it off this board just to put it on a board with similar features.  The problem is, I have no information on this board.

So, if you know anything about this board, I'd appreciate hearing what you think.

-wdm

3690868515?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello,
    I'm using the Lea-4T Ublox in UCenter and will not let me put it to 57600 baud UBX. In UBX only works to 9600 baud. Why?

thanks
  • Hi, can anyone post some complete detailed information about using ublox receivers in RTK mode? pretty please? there isnt any well documented application i can find

thank you very much

• I got RTKLIB in PPP static mode to work with this board but didn't get a basestation/rover to work (help!).   You can use ucenter to enable and log RXM-RAW and RXM-SFRB packets.  Then convert to RINEX .obs format, wait till the next day and download ephemerides .sp3 info from http://geodesy.noaa.gov/UFCORS/ and then get all the RTKPOST options just right.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/RTKLIB is an overview.

In theory, one can use a pair of these boards + a radio link to get a few cm accuracy (relative to the basestation) in real-time.    The more readibly available NEO-6M is also supposed to work,

• @johr

you should install the u center to configure the receiver and you will test it from there. You may have data without fix. Check the antenna if you have active or passive one.

• I just received one of these boards and am trying to make it work.  I connected it to a USB to serial converter but I'm not seeing any output.  What baud rate should I use?  Will it output something when power is applied or does it need to get a fix first?  Maybe I need to send it a command?   I assume that I swap tx/rx and rx/tx between the LEA-4T board and the usb serial board.  Anything else I can do to track down the issue?  Thanks.

• i have the board now and it works pretty good. If anyone made the mod with the supercapacitor i d love to have at least a photo or a description of the mod or even the capacitor i should replace...

Thank you

• Anthony.

Do you still have a supply of these boards or similar?  The whole works :-)

Please contact me if you can help me out.

Regards

Andrew

• i ordered that board as well from china but havent received it yet. i guess that with an ftdi cable and the drivers from the ublox site i ll be ok to connect them to u centre on windows or i missed somethind?

• Developer

just a fyi for others searching this

antenna - SMB male connector
     2 4 6 8
     1 3 5 7
     bottom

1 antenna vcc
     2 vcc
     3 tx
     5 rx
     6 timepulse
     8 gnd

• HI, I just ordered a board that looks exactly like this. Do you know what type of antenna connector it has? Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…