Naza Fly Away

Just wondering how many guys have had fly aways with Naza like I have. Done with Naza, what is the best FC out right now?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• To avoid all those inconveniences, may I suggest scale trains?

• a rover is much better, we can put pixhawk in it....
      • it may still run away............

• When people are going to start understanding that an autopilot is an extreme complex piece of software (and yes can have bugs), there are not going to be anymore pointless discussions like this one, where everyone claims is autopilot is better. 

APM/PX and DJI are great autopilots with great capabilities, but they are NOT commercial grade autopilots.  So if you expect your sub $1k to not have any bug, you are a way off understanding the capabilities of your systems. 

• OK, so point me in the right direction here because even DJI's flagship A2 controller has a lot of issues also that retails for $1300. Please, please help me understand what a good FC system is by all means. My 35 years in RC is evidently not on par with your vast knowledge!

• https://www.facebook.com/djiflyaway

DJI Flyaway & Crash Psychological Support Page
    DJI Flyaway & Crash Psychological Support Page. 4,031 likes · 4 talking about this. Support Page for pilots trying to recover psychologically from cr…

APM1, APM2, APM2.5, Pixhawk, WK-H, WK-M, Naza, MK, KK, MultiWII, A2

Tried them all over the last 4 years of doing R&D to find the best flight controller for commercial use, and at some point in time all of them have had a problem that has resulted in some sort of unexpected flight performance, including in some cases uncontrolled flight into terrain.

I would have to say that in hindsight, that some of the earlier issues were related to user error due to not understanding the either configurations or  building skills, but at the time, due to inexperience, it was easy to blame to hardware/software.

However in more recent times where I have been more knowledgeable, I can put my hand on my heart and say that most of the products above still have hardware/software bugs, which in the hands of less experience pilots, end up in fly aways or crashes.

• Less experienced pilot was not the case here. I really don't understand how anyone could crash an autonomous drone to begin with other than FC failure. The only reason I fly them are for aerial photography because quite frankly they bore me. When I want to "FLY" i get out my 50cc Yak and hover it 3 feet off the deck or loop and roll my Raptor 90 heli.

• Admin

Gentlemen, lets keep this discussion civil or I will have to request the author to close it out.

Regards,

TCIII Admin

• I have no dog in this fight, but I'm curious.  If you do, or did, fly a Naza, how often do you, or did you, calibrate the gyros?

This reply was deleted.

Activity