Naza Fly Away

Just wondering how many guys have had fly aways with Naza like I have. Done with Naza, what is the best FC out right now?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Not true. And I already know that no evidence will ever convince you, you're just going to have to experience one yourself and then you will understand. In the meantime, search youtube for "naza flyaway" and watch the evidence. Naza's can flyaway with GPS, without GPS, after calibrating every flight, etc etc etc. Even trappy has experienced flyaways. Is he just some R/C noob with no experience? Please set aside your preferences a moment and look at the (unfortunately, ample) evidence.

• First of all, many of those use

• I already compared it to apple products, a religion where users have a obligation to protect the brand , no brains allowed. Same is true for other over-rated/priced products people spent money on, and feel the need to defend.

If you check out naza behaviour, with hard twitching and altitude loss, or throttle being reduced to idle midair, then you cannot believe it's a GPS glitch.

Does the GPS tell position ?, or does it also say "do random stuff and loose altitude, or cut throttle" ?

Even on a smartphone with very simple GPS antenna, you don't see your location start to jump wildly around.

• plus Linux rulez !!!!

• Ok you got your point through " You hate Apple products" !!!

All the other behaviors you are describing never happened to me so i don't have an opinion.

On the other hand i have had a hexacopter that during testing cut all motors and stopped midair when i gave it full throttle, controller arducopter.

whose fault was it ?

never quite found out since it didn't experience a brownout or anything ...

maybe a faulty controller maybe air in the baro or sun in the baro but i didn't go around calling names ....

• So when a naza flies off hard right roll at full power when in atti mode with no stick input after having flown happily for 3-5 minutes that's user error???

Don't think so!!

I managed to recover the quad from a crop field, it had no damage, no mechanical failure and I'd been flying about 30foot (<10 meter) from the quad so signal was not an issue.

After I recovered it I put it straight back in the air and it flew fine for the rest of the pack so to me that' s a naza problem and nothing else. Naza problems are very well documented when you go looking for them.

• It didn't occur to you that this was maybe another naza glitch ??

You should know that Atti mode is just as vunerable to glitches as GPS mode because of the fence mode so if the copter thinks its somewhere far away it tries to get back on the fence ....

The only way of getting out of this is manual mode not atti which i can clearly see you are not familiar with.

I am not a hardcore fan of anything and i am maintaining a good sum of multicopters with many different controllers and guess what i love them all !!!

All the different controllers have their weaknesses  and strengths its just easier to pinpoint a flyaway in arducopter because of the logging system than in a closed box line dji ....

But i don't think there is an "unflyawayable" system ... 

• I had written a lengthy reply but I can clearly see how biased and blinkered you are and realised there was no point posting it.

• Not unflyable , I'd say (unreliable)

Yes, people know to switch to manual in case of suspicious behavior.  - and there are plenty of examples where it did not do any change.

Anyway - I am not here to troll or waste time, so I am unsubscribing from topic now - good luck everyone

• I don't own any DJI products but I do have 3 APMs and one Pixhawk. I have had a few flyways on APM. Turned out it was something interfering with the GPS. I now try to get the gps antenna away from other signal sources. I am always concerned if I'm flying near a building as the GPS signal can bounce off a building and throw off the GPS. What is great about Ardupilot and all the ground control stations is it will give you HDOP which is a true indicator of how good a GPS lock you have. I've seen the logs of the GPS go off by over a 1000' with 8 satellites. The culprit was a GoPro3 too close to the GPS antenna.

This reply was deleted.

Activity