Naza Fly Away

Just wondering how many guys have had fly aways with Naza like I have. Done with Naza, what is the best FC out right now?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• c625bdc71f59285d0a9bf76a6f889e40320ef483b5efc71b3811a9918c6153f6.jpgI'll just leave this here ....

• I've been in RC for 37 years, and you?
      • Totally agree !!

• That's what everyone says until it happens to them. 

• If your flying FPV and it appears the controls are working right, then you should be able to manually pilot your multi or plane in manual mode. At worst you should have the skills to at least crash it into the ground away from people and so on, preferably on grass and not a tree where you cant rescue your parts.

Personally i think non FPV should only be used within close range, for basic testing like tuning, simply because FPV gives you a higher level of awareness and control.

• Even Trappy has agreed that manual mode is the only way to recover if you find your multi behaving strangely .

Anyway i stop following this thread cause you people just wanna hate and nothing more ...

• The new autotune feature on APM code is nothing short of amazing.  Getting a solid setup is much simpler than it used to be with the APM code.

• When I was looking for a FC for my traditional helicopter a couple of years ago, I found two good options.  APM and Naza Ace waypoint.  They both had similar capabilities.  Total system for APM was less than $500.  Naza was $11,000!

When you compare capabilities to price, it seems that APM/Pixhawk are the answer.  I prefer Pixhawk now.

• Naza flyaways are always user error stop complaining .....

Did you leave enough time for the system to lock in enough satellites ? When you had a non responsive multi for whatever reason did you switch to manual ?

i've lost a couple of multis but it has always been my error and my misunderstanding and a couple of the with arducopter ......

• I fly FPV so I had 8 satellites locked on before lift off. I switched to attitude mode, Manuel mode and RTH. How would that be user error when the quad kept flying? I know your next question will be loss of signal, well guess what, that should initiate RTH. There is NO reason according to DJI for a fly away to occur other than a faulty FC. You tell me?
This reply was deleted.

Activity