Admin

Need copy of 3DR-Ublox.txt

Hi all,

I was an early adopter of the uBlox LEA-6 (July 2012), but could not check its operation until now unfortunately. I could not get a lock on the uBlox (not even a flashing blue fix light) no matter where I placed it inside or outside. My four MediaTek MT3329s get a lock within two minutes (cold start) so I know that the APM1.4 GPS interface is okay and I am able to read GPS data using the CLI.

I tried flashing the uBlox to latest 6H firmware revision without realizing that I needed the 3DR-Ublox.txt for the flash definition file in the Flash Firmware Update Tool. I have access to the Git, but have not been successful at downloading the 3DR-Ublox.txt.

Since I updated the uBlox firmware, I still cannot get a lock, but I can see the packet/binary info in the serial stream using the uBlox GUI. However, since I did not use the 3DR-Ublox.txt, the baud rate is now 38400 which I do not believe is correct for the APM1.4 firmware?

Any help would be appreciated to help me resolve the firmware update issue and maybe why I have not been able to get a sat lock either inside or out.

Regards,

TCIII

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

I'm in the same situation, set ublox 6 to NMEA in MegaPirateNG_2.8_R3 but not loaded configuration into the GPS by file 3DR-Ublox.txt. Doing this later at home. Did you solve the issue at the end by using the conf file and soldering properly everything that was broken ?

I'm unsure if this is a good GPS at least for this purposes, what alternatives would you suggest ?

What about logical levels on the serial port ? Do you see any issue ?

Thanks,

Stefano.

• Admin

Hi all,

Looks like my uBlox LEA-6 GPS is toast. I decided to look the board over and make sure that the solder joints looked nice and shiny. While I was cleaning the area of the board where the antenna circuitry is located with an alcohol coated Q tip, a small black colored component broke away from its solder pad which are underneath the part. There must have been poor solder joints under the part and that would explain why the GPS could not get a lock as it was not getting a sufficiently strong signal from the antenna.

I have contacted 3DR and have received a ticket response, but due to the unit being out of the 30 day warranty period, I doubt that they will be able to do anything for me. Moral here: Test your 3DR purchases as soon as possible so that they can be sent back under the warranty if they are defective.

Regards,

TCIII

• Admin

Hi all,

I was able to get a copy of the 3DR-Ublox.txt from the latest AMP library. However, still no joy. Using the uBlox GUI I can see the GPS searching for satellites, but never is able to find more than three from a cold start so no fix is acquired. Still a mystery as to why the blue fix light does not flash. Hope that the problem can be resolved by some simple configuration fix.

Regards,

TCIII

This reply was deleted.

Activity