Need Help on Loiter and Altitude Hold mode setting

Hi All ,

I need some help to set the loiter and alt hold mode for my APM Quad , I was trying to fly the quad with any of these two flight mode.

The Issue I am facing is when I switch to any of this mode my quad start abnormal behavior and start to climb up very quickly . All though my purpose  to fly my quad in this mode is to get a stable flight so that I can hold the quad on one position and on certain height but unfortunately  the quad crashed up with the ceiling and I lost two arms and propeller  :(

Can anyone help me with this and let me know how can I achieve the stable flight with these modes .

If there is any other solution available other then this modes then please  let me know 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What version of firmware are you using.
  • Are you taking off in STABILIZE mode, first? This sets THR_MID based on a calculated mid point for the throttle, then when you switch to loiter, Alt-hold, or Pos-hold based on the current weight of your multirotor. If your weight of the multirotor doesn't change, you can fix this value in Mission Planner based on a review of your log file (you still have to fly a Stabilize flight to determine this value at least once). This will fix your climbing problem when switching modes.
This reply was deleted.

Activity