Needing help with the Venus GPS Modul

Hi,
for my own Autopilot, I will buy the Venus GPS of Sparkfun. Does anybody have practical knowledge with this modul? Is it possible to connect the TXRX pins directly with the Arduino TXRX pins?
I also don't understand the binary messages, what do I have to send with the Arduino to the Modul when I was to do a force restart? The system transmits NMEA-0183 or SkyTraq Binary sentences, but which of these settings is default, and how can I change the transmitting method? I hope somebody can help me.

Greetings Philipp

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Philipp,
    I repeat here the message I've just post few hours ago (but maybe in the wrong section !)...

you need to supply the battery pin (with the same wire than 3.3V power supply, or with a battery !).

To modify parameters, find attached a file I have built to summarise the different commands (in french, but easy to understand), and messages specif in pdf file.

You will just have to send these data (provided in my file in decimal format).

Be careful:
    - if you change values, you will have to change the checksum (Excusive OR of all data bytes, but not their command bytes),
    - if you change parameters in RAM, they will be resetted at the next turn on. But they will remain if you set them in flash.

Bye,
    Gilles
    (FRANCE)

Commandes GPS VENUS6.txt

AN0003_v1.4.8.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692047231?profile=original
This reply was deleted.

Activity