New 3DRobotics Hexa-B Kit... (small problem)

Hey everyone, this is my first post here at DIYDrones, but I've been lurking for about a year now...

Yesterday, I received my 3DRobotics Hexa-B kit with APM 2.5 (love the case!!), got the telemetry and upgraded the motors to the 880's.

I've just completed the frame assembly and wanted to point out one small issue with the included hardware.  The "NEW" version of the arms has access holes enabling you to attach the motor with 5mm screws instead of the older method of attachment with 22mm screws.

Unfortunately my hardware package (nuts, screws and washers) was designed for the older arms.  So, I did not have enough 5mm screws to handle both the landing gear and motor mounts.

My solution was to use the black motor mounting screws that came with each motor.  They seem to be working OK, but they are designed to screw into a counter-sunk hole, not the flat surface found on the inside of the arm.

So, I just wanted to point this out to the 3DR guys to have your packers double check the hardware bags for the latest kits.

Other than this VERY MINOR mixup, so far everything is of the highest quality and I cannot wait to get this girl flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There were actually quite a few parts missing from my 3DR  Hexa-B but they were generally just some of the small hardware bits such as one of the 35mm bolts, quite a few of the M3 nuts and the four rubber washers. Nothing that could not be solved by a quick trip to B&Q but annoying. It seems that the final checks of the kits before they're sent out is not 100%...

The local reseller here in the UK (Unmannedtech) is very good though and was very willing to sort out any problems.

• Developer
    Email help@3drobotics.com to inform them, they don't always catch these issues using the forum alone.
This reply was deleted.

Activity