new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Something else I noticed was that the Pitch lever (Mode 2) is reflected in the opposite direction on MP. When I push the stick up, the green bar moves down and vice-versa. 

• I'm trying to do a "junkyard build" with some old drone parts I had laying around. I have a Flip FPV 400 frame with an APM Pro board. It has DJI style B2212-920KV motor with 1045 blades that's powered by the Velotech Magic30 BEC ESC's. I've been messing with this thing for a few days trying to get it off the ground, but with no luck. After reading some of the previous posts, it appears I'm having the same problems as many have with the APM Pro board.

I've connected to MP and downloaded the APM 2.6 3.2.1 Firmware, ran the wizard, calibrated the radio, ESCs, motors and compass. Verified all settings were good to go with the exception of the GPS and Compass as there seems to be a bit of a latent issue with them. However, when I go outside (bypassing GPS and Compass checks) I can't get it off the ground but about a foot until it flips over. It's not an aggressive flip, but it usually does a front roll. 

I thought it may have been a radio issue since I was using the old Cheerson CX20 TX and RX, so I swapped them for my Turnigy 9x TX and RX. Again came in and calibrated on MP before going out to try it again, but still no luck. If I were to jam the throttle all the way up, it would just flip over so I attempted to fineness it off the ground and ended up rolling it again.

Any help (outside of scrapping the board) would be appreciated.

There isn't a card in this board, but here is the logs from the last flight:

2016-09-11 19-33-30.bin

2016-09-11 19-33-30.log.gpx

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702298167?profile=original
  • Hi everyone first off all i would like to thank everyone for helping me in my first quadcopter project. my drone is ready to fly and i need to do auto tune in it. I have read through couple of forms and got to know that i need to have full payload ill be using with my setup before i start auto tune. I will be adding 2 axis gimbal and video transmitter with osd that i got with apm pro. I am using a PM with 5v bec to poweup my apm pro from my 4s lipo. My other part of PM is soldered to PDB. So can i solder 12v ubec diectly to my PDB and power the gimbal that way? And my other question is does my osd supply 12v that i need for my video transmitter?
  • Ok thanks guys, I will buy another one I like the DF13 connectors too and my quadcopter is wired like this... I will buy it onoe banggood because I never buy anything on thanksbuyer...

• Ok thanks... But I think I will buy another one cause mine is not like the bangood one...
    But which is better APM 3.1 or APm Pro?..

• I prefer the "APM Pro" I have two and like it over the "Mini APM 3.1" because the cables are more easily modified and if the wires break on the mini APM 3.1 plugs then you need to replace the entire plug which can be very hard to find the right one because they are not standard DF 13 plugs I think they are JST 1.25 ten position five position something like that. I have a mini APM, it's not working for that very reason which annoys me to no end. On the APM Pro however the plugs are just standard servo cables and DuPont plugs which are used on so many things they're easily found or you can always use the servo cables. I also like the form of the pro it's got brighter LEDs and seems to be easily fitted to most UAV. The only reason that I use the mini APM 3.1 is because it's good to fit onto a vehicle with the smallest space to fit the electronics.
      That said if the one Cala speaks of from AUAV.co is without problems and uses 32bit and uses Mission Planner then I'd like to give that a try and see if they have got the manual compass calibration to work on it rather than being stuck with factory setting, just in case something happens and you need to redo the calibration or use the external one.
    • The Mini APM Pro is still a great bargain. You can get one from www.thanksbuyer.com or several vendors on aliexpress. If you want to step up to a 32bit processor as suggested by Cala, try the Mini Pixhawk, also available from most of these same vendors, or the Pixhawk 2.4.8 available from Banggood. 

• Ok but, for exemple, you have to choose between APM Pro or APM 3.1, wich you prefer?... Give me your assent...

• If I were going to purchase an APM, I would select a Mini APM Pro or APM 2.8. I prefer the Mini APM Pro because all the connectors are standard DuPont. 

• Yes I agree. APM Pro plugs are much easier to work with but I still enjoy and buy APM 2.- for planes. APM pro for mid size multirotors and mini APM 3.1 for 250-330 size quads. I always like using the Pixhawk for my bigger Multirotor projects that are carrying expensive cameras or big expensive planes.
This reply was deleted.

Activity