new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for the quick reply scott. I am bit confused where does the gimbal wire go to apm still. Could you help me with this. And hows your apm performance regarding gps hold, loiter and mission cheers
    • With the gimbal control, you will have to 1. figure out which channel (s) you want to use on your radio, preferably sliders or knobs, and connect them to the appropriate input channel on apm. Output can be whichever output you choose. Once you have this connected you will have to go to mission planner and tell those channels what they are doing.
      2. Are you using a brushless or servo gimbal? Servo gimbal the apm may power them. Brushless gimbal will need to be connected to the proper power source, while the signal wire will plug in to the apm.
      3. If you are using an external controller but want to manually control pan/tilt/pitch, then connect signal wire between apm and controller.
      4. Or you can bypass apm altogether and plug directly in to your receiver. Which this is nice if you will run a separate camera radio such as the inspire.

Have not gotten to try all the modes yet as the quad I am using this on was grossly in balanced so I had to tear it apart and start again. Ready to fly again so hopefully I will get a chance to fly this weekend.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi everyone i am new to the form and i have couple of question regarding this flight controller
    1 i would like to know if this controller supports gimbal and where to connect the wiring,
    2 is it safe to use both power module and esc with bec togeather?

Anyhelp would be appriciated thankyou
    • Hi Nischal. Welcome to the forums.
      1, I believe you can manually control your gimbal through this and any apm based flight control, but it won't do it automatically.
      2. I wouldn't risk it. Currently my flight control is powered by bec only. I would say one or the other, not both.
  • loss of control, (1:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MwdL9...

YouTube
  • I like this board connectors, easy to find and looks more safe than the Pixhawk ones but this one is 8 bits.

• Auto Tune:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0mrXfE0AFk

• Scott Meese looks like you already figured it out but here is a nice diagram on the wiring, shows the  compass and the compus IC socket.  Below that is the pin outs

3702052645?profile=original

3702052564?profile=original

• Thanks Edgar. Did you recently post those? I couldn't find anything online when I was wiring it up...
      • Yeah I just posted, I just noticed people were talking about it so thought I would post what I found, sorry for the late insertion to this thread but it may help others too.  I sure would love it if 3DR would get into the smaller sized FCs too, I would surely pay more for better support and documentation from 3DR over these china unsupported products.  Maybe one day.

This reply was deleted.

Activity