new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes the mini APM Pro it was labelled as being made by pix something, I maybe read wrong. But I have it working now cheers for that I had the compass one pin over but it didn't damage it. I just bought another one, they're really good.
  • So I tried out This new little FC & it really looks great, nice build, quality materials. I have it on my new F450 frame. Everything has gone smooth with the firmware and the plugs are awesome I hate the DF13 or whatever they're called, those awkward little white DF plugs, they break easily and are painful if not impossible to fix especially with so many different GPS compass modules having random wiring colours and different configurations.
    Anyway...

Problem;
    my "APM Pro mini Pix " won't recognise my compass. Does anyone else have a photo they can share with the proper way to connect the Compass? I'm thinking I may have had it one pin to far to the middle instead of right on the edge and maybe burnt out the compass. Any help would be great! Maybe I've already done damage by having it in the middle pins I think it's meant to be yellow far right middle above GPS with the green next to it horizontally. I had it one pin in to the left. Either way it's not being recognised. Error 99 on calibration with no movement of the live calibration.
    • if you are talking about the mini apm pro (that is not a Pix since the pix is 32 bits and this is 8 bits) then you have to connect on the output side (Ports on right side picture on the page 5) as follow:

top left side is the OSD/ Telemetry (if you have)

middle pins (I2C) is the mag with the yellow on the first pin

bottom pins is the GPS

If the external GPS & Mag is burnt then is not working at all. Never heard a situation where you can burn only the mag as this one is powered from the main gps unit not from the board (from the board is taking only data vis SCL and SDA pins).

• Hello all, I just wanted to add some more info on the subject.

Trying to set up the board yesterday for an airplane (w/ arduplane) I realized that the board, when powered by the PM is NOT powering the outputs servos. I had to add power to the output side as-well via an ubec. After that the servos where working well.

In summary, the PM module is powering the board, the inputs (receiver too) and the OSD & GPS.

For the Outputs, if you are using servos not motors, you need a different power source.

Regards

• Strange thing as if I remember well if you put a ubec on output it will power the board...
      Be aware that its power module output only 5v not 5.2 and sometime I had power warnings in my dataflash logs...
      Too low power vcc it could brown out
    • Hi paul thank you for bringing this up. So aru you using PM with ubec to power apm pro and sepreate esc with ubec to power up the servos. If so how many esc with ubec are you using to power up you servos which i belive you have tricopter cheers
      • @Nischal

I'm using the PM module to power the board and another single ubec (5A) to power the outputs, servos in my case as I'm using the board in an airplane (Bix3)

• Thankyou very much helped me a lot.
    I will be using 2 axis brushless gimal on my quad and will be powering with 5v bec since i will be using 4s battery on my quad.
    On last post you said i just need to use either power moudule or esc with bec does it mean that i dont need to use power module and can power up my apm only using esc cheers
    • "On last post you said i just need to use either power moudule or esc with bec does it mean that i dont need to use power module and can power up my apm only using esc"

This is correct, if you are going to be using on screen display then use the power module as that has voltage reporting. If not, skip the extra wiring and go the BEC route. 

Check with the motor manufacture before you settle on using 5v for control... i've had terrible results doing it that way. Bumped the gimbal power up to 12v and worked perfectly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity