new APM flavor released: APM Mini Pro

I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

sku-38006-0-600x600.jpg

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok Ron, but when I can connect my GPS and Compass, I cant calibrate it.. So maybe I must wait for a GPS Lock and set the compass with the GPS... However, when i do the wizard assistant, on the compass calbration panel I got a compass 1 error 99 and no samples, nothing moving on the panel when i move my copter... So I will try for a first GPS 3D lock to see.. Or I will test to fly without compass calibration...

If you have a solution to calibrate my compass... Please share it...

• GPS is not required for calibrating the compass. Suggest you not use the wiz

• Yeah I know but when I have a GPS lock I can see a heading on the map...  But when I don't have GPS lock I dont see any heading...

• Hi Luke,

The GPS heading on the map is useless unless you are flying. GPS is a position sensor, not a heading sensor. The flight controller computes a heading based on integration along the position route.

On the ground the best option is to use a hand held compass or compass app in a smart phone.

Ron

• Ok I will... But for the bad compass health when I got MAG enabled and no compass calibration?... Im the only gyu who have this problem?!..

• Luke, I'm just installing an old APM mini 3.2, I don't know yours, but mine I had to disable int compass cutting something that disable it in the board

This reply was deleted.

Activity