new install

Hi, just received my set of 3dr radios this morning and have installed them.

I'm unable to get a connection between the two, both have green blinking led's so working ok.

When connected to the APM planner (v1.1.83 mav 0.9) I can see the settings on the usb side but none from the uav side.

Any suggestions?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are the settings with both radios plugged into the computer, still no connection when the air side is plugged into the UAV, any suggestions?

3692415328?profile=original

• Don't spend more than $10, shipped on a TTL serial cable.  I use the cheapest Chinese 3.3v TTL serial converter you can buy and it works just fine.  I think I paid about $4 for it.  It should be a 5v TTL cable, but they must have hit the sweet spot to get both 3.3v and 5v to work fine.

The only complaint I have with the cheap converter is that the power it puts out is pretty dirty.  That could also be the computers fault, but there's certainly no decent filtering on the board.  It only causes a problem with a little GPS unit I have, and then it just makes the reception crappy.  I ended up soldering a capacitor across the 5v and ground, which helped a fair bit.

• Here are the settings I get when I click Load Settings in the planner.

3692415159?profile=original

D

• I just got my radio working tonight. Here is what I found and did. Air board is purple and does not match the picture on the store link. Looking at the radio board with the daughter board up, starting at the pin in the corner as 1 (I found the silkscreen labels on the air board correct as follows)

1 no connection

2 TX to the RX pin on the APM-2 board

3 RX to the TX pin on the APM-2

4 +5 to +5 on APM-2

5 no connection

6 ground to gnd on APM-2

I already had (or it loaded automatically) the FTDI driver, I am using Win 7 64 bit

Fumbled around to find I am on COM6

I could not get the 'Load Settings' button to work on the radio configuration, but the 'Link Stats..." blue text was visible and clicking it showed the link was working! Finally realized you have to be disconnected before the stats will load.

The PC side is ver 1.5 and the air side is 1.3 but everything seems to work correctly. But update only updates the PC side. ?

• Hi Derek,

When the green LEDs are blinking, it means that the radios are not connected to each other.

It could be that the radios are configured differently.

If you connect to each radio individually and do the following, it should reset the radios to default configuration:

1) Connect to the radio with a terminal program ( typically 57600, N, 8, 1)

2) Type +++    , and wait for at least a second, do not press any other keys (not even enter)

3) The message "OK" should appear if you have entered command mode.

4) Typing ATI5 <enter> will give you a list of config settings for your info.

5) AT&F will reset the radio to factory defaults

6) AT&W will save the settings so they are available when the radio is powered up next time, or reset

7) ATZ will let you reset the radio via software.

If you do this for both radios and when you power them both up, the green led should be solid.

Hope it helps :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity