Newbie Farmer

I'm not a total Newbie as I can fly a model airplane, just never tried anything automatic. 

I would like to build a drone powered parachute and wonder whether it would be possible to adapt the arduplane for that purpose.  I was hoping to use it to overseed a cover crop on my farms.  I like the powered parachute because of the portability, load potential and speed.  I understand that legally I will be required to jump through some serious hoops if it gets above 55 lbs and will be happy to comply.  For now I am thinking about buying a small model in order to practice and find out about the problems I may have.

Many thanks to anybody that can shove me in the right direction.

Phred

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You need to know that paragliders don't work well with little wind, why don't think on a multicopter? I'm a farmer too, It's very usefull and portable if you choice a small one.

• I need to lift maybe 50-100 lbs of seed at a time or it's worthless.  Maybe 10 lbs/acre?  To do that you need a wing at least 30 feet long and maybe 20-30 hp.  The only thing I've seen that can do that and land and take off short is a paraglider.  I need to see what the law will allow, but for now I think practice with a model will keep me busy.  I know it has to be calm. 

Thanks for your input

Phred

• Sorry, my bad english I didn't understand well the idea, now yes; At the begining I saw Kites and paragliders to carry a camera but finally I decided for planes for my windy common conditions, I found some information in RC Groups and in Aeromodelismo Virtual (spanish forum) at that moment; if I found some information I share here; please tell us about your progress, interesting proyect.

• Hi,

I guess that if the setup is something like the hobbyking paraglider:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__30790__HobbyKing_BelaTri...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__30801__HobbyKing_174_848...

the parafoil controls can be used as a flying-wing ailevons, and the gondola motor as a normal plane motor.

Let us now, if you get this to work.

• I like the look of this.  I have seen another that I liked for $125 but didn't save the link and will have to search again for awhile to find it.  Lol.

Thanks, I will

Phred

This reply was deleted.

Activity