No-error sudden crash from stable hover

I went for a routine flight to test out a new camera today.  After getting a 3D lock, i took off in Stab, switched to althold, then to poshold, at about 5ft altitude.  i sat there in poshold for about 30 seconds to make sure everything looked good, and suddenly the quad flipped backwards right into the ground.  

There are no failsafes or errors reported in the log, and no drops in logging to indicate a power failure.  Crash detection seemed very slow to kick in and the quad flopped around on the ground for what felt like an eternity before the motors stopped, which i imagine is why the logging appears so erratic before you see the crash message.  The only way i can really pick out the start of the event in the log is the sudden drop in baro alt.  

I'm getting nothing from the log to indicate any obvious issue, so my running hypothesis at the moment is a motor or ESC failure.  I rearmed after the crash, and the right rear motor is jumping around erratically. I'm not sure if this is cause or effect.  The motor feels OK spinning by hand but i'll swap around ESCs tomorrow to try to isolate the issue, thought i would get this log up in case i'm missing something.  Any input would be appreciated.

Running 3.2.1, logs attached.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• All of the RCOut numbers go crazy at the exact same time that the altitude starts dropping. I'm no expert, but that would indicate to me a motor/esc/prop failure.

RCIn numbers show that you reacted about .5 seconds later, but the copter was probably upside down by then.

This reply was deleted.

Activity