Ok I have received  a new APM2 board which came pre-soldered and pre-tested.. I built the PDB and connected everything up.. I began to go through the setup by calibrating my radio etc.. I had spun the motors up after just to test everything seemed to work..

I then got to the point in calibrating my ESC's using the auto process... After this I can't seem to get the left motor to spin(channel 2).. I moved the esc to another port to test the esc and motor and it works fine, so I am assuming that the ESC and motor are fine and properly calibrated.. I move it back to the correct port on the PDB and nothing.. I then emailed my supplier thinking it may be hardware related and he directed me to this forum for help first.. 

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, as I am dying to fly with this board.. I did see another person at this link http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_ESC with the exact same symptoms but did not find any info on a solution.. I have added his question below..

"Hmm. Seems there's no output on channel 2 on the APM after esc calibration (hex x setup). The motor want spinn up when testing. Switched channel 1 and 2 just in case to check motor or esc but not one of them. Channel 2 gives no output :( All the other 5 is spinning up just fine when testing..."

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• UPDATE****  Ok so after reading all evening I guess I am not the only one with this issue.. I have not been able to determine if it is hardware or software but one thing I did find was that connecting a servo to that channel shows NO response to the throttle.. There IS however just random signals comming out that port.. When I connect the same servo to any other channel I  get the expected results from the throttle input..

I am leaning toward hardware but I have been informed that there is a 2-3 week turnaround on RMA's from my vendor, so I guess I am stuck with a 250.00 lawn ornament until someone can point me to a software fix or I wait until more boards are produced.. hmmmmmm

• Wow. I checked the manual carefully again, and realized that I needed to plug the last two motors into outputs 7 and 8. Everything seems to be working correctly now.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…