Replies

• With Copter-3.3 or 3.4-dev?

• hmm ok thats bad news... So there is currently no way to use the opto flow sensor... 

When I need to add another Sonar the quad gets to bulky and its not worth the effort for just positioning hold function...

• Developer
              The recommended method is Lidar. It is much better than Sonar.
  • Does anyone know why you cannot use the barometer built into the pixhawk as the altitude for the optical flow? Is there a difference in altitude measurements between the barometer and a sonar?

• Developer
      Because you need to know the exact distance to the surface you are looking at, and the Baro has no knowledge of that.
    • Because MS5611 has kilometer-long range and tens of meters' error over time, while sonar has meter level range and centimeter level error.

• Now that 3DR is no longer selling the optical flow sensor. Which is the preferred chinese vendor to buy this from? I am asking this because there are reports that the sensors from some suppliers are not working correctly.

• Hello everyone ,
    I am having a very strange issue which isn't getting solved. Just to confirm the current configurations. I have a 3DR DIY X8 frame setup with Pixhawk. I'm powering the quadcopter using a 4s Lipo battery with 14.8 V. I have attached a LidarLite V2 blue label unit as a rangefinder as well. I have a Px4Flow sensor attached to the i2C splitter. The problem is that apparently there is no change in opt_x and opt_y values in Mission Planner.  Hence I am not able to confirm whether it's working or not. Though some forums have suggested powering up Pixhawk first with a USB, even that doesn't seem to work. There is some change in graph values in QGroundControl though.

The thing is this sensor used to work perfectly with changing opt_x and opt_y readings in Mission Planner however now It has stopped working after a recent reassembly.

Any insights on new approaches to check whether the sensor is actually working or not? Very eager to start using this sensor 
    Thank you guys in advance.

• You are welcome :)
This reply was deleted.

Activity