Optical Flow Sensor and APM 2.5

I m trying to connect my optical flow sensor to my APM 2.5 but having a very hard time.

I have successfully uploaded the pde test file and install the python 2.7 and uploaded the python script successfully but nothing I send in a I and a M and no data is returned.

I was afraid the low light was an issue so I used LED's and I turned the lens in and out over and over again and nothing.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi ,

could you post me the photos thank you.

uirmak20@gmail.com

• Can I have ur setup too? My email is sengkiat21@gmail dot com
  • Hi, two days back I tested my optical flow sensor with APM2.5 and its working quite well and even I'm able to grab the images. If you guys have any doubts feel free to ask me.
    Thanks.
    • Hi,

I connected the optical flow sensor with the APM2.5. However, I'm not sure what to do next. Could you please guide me? My email address is r43shah@uwaterloo.ca

Thank you very much.

• Hi Venkat, I know post is quite old now, but I have wired my optical flow up as shown above (same as arducopter web page) but can not get it to work, just getting a green power light. Any advice or photos would be much appreciated.    danielhorsley at hotmail dot com

• Hi, I know this is digging things up but I have a problem with my optical flow. When using the test sketch it returns nothing but zeros. It says at the beginning "Failed to initiate ADNS3080" and if I use a normal firmware, in the terminal it says "Failed to init optflow". Have you got any ideas? I can't seem to find a reason it wouldn't be working

• Ok I have uploaded the arducopter 2.9b and went to the CLI to test the optflow but it just gives 0's on the output.

• Hi,

Can you tell me where did you get 2.9b firmware..

Thanks

Sufal

• So what is the steps?

1. Download ArduCopter 2.9b from the repository

2. Upload it thru Arduino IDE

3. Upload optical flow test pde (I was under the impression if you upload this it will override the previous code set)

4. Use the python to test the optical flow.

• It is plugged in as in the described as here

3692756099?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity