Pixhawk 680 Quad falling from sky

Hi – can I request some help with my home built 680 Pixhawk controlled quad please. Sorry if I’m not in the correct place in this forum.

The craft has done several autotunes and in some ways seems to fly ok however on most flights, possibly when yawing, it will over balance and being unable to recover, hits the floor. I am flying low altitude to avoid damage and have seen it recover once.

I am not familiar with analysing logs beyond the obvious – GPS, voltage, current, altitude info etc. and would really appreciate someone with more experience taking a look at this short log please.

Something is obviously going wrong around the 10300 line mark. The later error and failsafe are just about the radio being turned off.

Here are the PID settings:

3691241124?profile=original

Thanks in advance

David :-)

2015-08-30 17-29-00.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Vital - Hi, thanks - I now understand the battery stuff and the Bin/Log files. 

The ESC i am using is 4 in 1 from Unmanned Tech HERE. I can look for more bad solder but the wiring is very simple and shared by everything on the ESC.

I will also see if i can find someone to opperate a camera :-)

Many thanks

David

• Have you kept the 3.5mm bullet connectors on the motor connections? - they have caused grief in the past and received wisdom was to solder the motors to the ESC. 

A 4in 1 ESC is an interesting concept but gives no option to swap a bad ESC out for testing and if one ESC goes down then the 4 have to be replaced.

Peter 

• Soldered directly to the board to save space and keep things tidy.

I had issues with the ESC though - it needed firmware revision to make it compatible with pixhawk. I may raise a query with UnmannedTech to see if this could be the issue

Thanks

This reply was deleted.

Activity