Pixhawk+APM plane telemetry bug?

Hello,  I recently purchased a genuine 3DR pixhawk. I have been using APM 2.6 for some time, but this is the first time I've used a pixhawk. I seem to have found a problem with the pixhawk + plane combination. When using the latest apm plane firmware it is extremely hard to get a telemetry link. I loaded rover and copter firmwares and they connected smoothly. Then I got a pixhawk clone for testing and got the same results. I searched the wiki but couldn't find anything about this, so I doubt it's a bug in the firmware, and I think the following might be possible:

1. I downloaded firmware over wireless, so maybe the data was corrupted?

2. There's something I need to setup?

3.Both boards are faulty?(not very probable as telemetry works on other firmwares?

I have both 3DR telemetry radios and XBEE radios, and I will try with older plane firmwares. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK so I uploaded plane-3.01 and it connects fine...so it's definitely something with 3.03(or my downloaded copy). Any ideas? The 3.01 glide bug is a bit of a risk

• Admin

@Georgie,

The ArduRover2 firmware has supported skid steering for some time now.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Oh and by the way does rover support tank-tracked chassis now?

• @Thomas  Sorry that I didn't express clearly, I meant that my computer was connected to the internet via wireless. Is it even possible to download firmware over telemetry?

• Admin

@Georgie,

Downloading firmware over the telemetry link is just asking for trouble.

The USB link is faster and very reliable.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

This reply was deleted.

Activity