Hello, I used the tuning procedure in the traditional helicopter wiki pages.
The results are very interesting, in stabilize the helicopter fly well
HELICOPTER = TREX450
PixHawk with HELICOPTER 3.2.1 with GPS & external magnetometer
So, I have some ask to reach a better tune.
- Switching from STABILIZE to ALTHOLD the thrttle stick position to have an altitude fixed is 25% of the stick travel, instead in stabilize is 50%.
So the problem occour when I swtich from ALTHOLD to STABILIZE, I read about THROTTLE_HOVER parameter but I don't understood the behavior.
- After a accelerometer calibration the articial horizon in the mission planner is as I expect for a leveled helicopter on the bench.
Then I fly the helicopter, I trim it (without wind) the I save the trim with the option for CH7, the I center the trims, efectively the helicopter is trimmed, but the horizon in the mission planner, for a leveled helicopter on the bench (se same as previous) is not horizontal, the PITCH is OK the ROLL NOT
- Flying a mission, please check at this link "Mission".
I used SPLINE WAYPOINT, they work very well with multicopter, but for helicopter the tail doesn't follow the line of the curve, it seems that the YAW command is done but with great delay
- RATE_ROLL_D or RATE_ROLL_P, are both unusable, with very little values like 0,005 the shaking is un maneagable.
There is a reason ?
- RATE_ROLL or PITCH _IMAX is the time to dampen the I term, correct, I raised it to 150 to have an effect as I want, please could detail me better the meaning ?