Pixhawk loiter mode drift position after FF

Hi guys, hope someone can point me about that.

Cant say how it performs in wind. Hovering in calm day it does fine but If I pust FF or any direction and want just to stop It´s is supposed it remembers the point at the momment the stick were centered and apply brakes to stop the quad on air. On a WKM or A2 it´s nicely done and the brake is harder based on the loiter speed when centering the sticks (its a matter of a single meter or two to stop the quad). With the pixhaw it stabilizes the quad but drifts 10 or 15 meters before it slowly stops. I cant see any counteraction on the involved axis to stop the quad. On a previous firm I saw that but as a quick sake for braking a little and inmediately it levels drifting 6-8 meters due to the inertia. Have completely no idea about which parameter/s takes care of this behavior and should be tweaked to increase the automatic response to hold the position after the fast speed flight.

PD: NEO8 GPS with 10 sat and 0.8 to 1 HDOP. All vibrations below recomended values, compass calibration both normal and with THR passed, no trim needed. Tested platform is a simple F450 3S with original DJI engines and ESCs. 10x5 airscrews and no payload so it is a low mass unit. currently with the last arducopter firm

Thanks

Have a nice day

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Loiter is usable and softer but requires from you to counteract with the stick if speed is normal to fast. No experience in coordinated banking automatically mixed,whenrequired I do it manually as I came from RC Helis. Good luck. 

• Thanks for the speedy reply! Was interested in the coordinated banking in drift mode for smoother video. Will try PosHold although this will just translate stick position directly to bank angle...not quite what I wanted.

• This behaviour is the way loiter works, if you want to fly GPS mode like with DJI and others then you need to choose PosHold flying mode instead of loiter.
  • Hey Elossam, did you resolve this issue? I have the same "jerk" deceleration response in drift mode. Would like to learn how to resolve this. Please share your experiences :)

• Tried today to play with few values to see whta happens.

WPNAV LOIT MINA   it is supposed to be the one that takes care alone or whit the WPNAV LOIT MAXA of this behaviour but beyond that MINA one shows a faster reaction while in ALTHOLD mode so long as the value increases (Tested from 25 to 40) whitout apreciable changes in LOITER while the MAXA slows the general stick reaction softer as the value increases (tested up to 2000).  As this value is related to the WPNAV LOIT SPEED setled at 1/2 of the speed it should work also over this 1/2 trying to increase the brake efect when the sitcks are centered after a FF flight because in this case the centered stick work like a woypont it has arrived to.

Tested WPNAW LOIT JERK up to its max of 2000 but cant feel any difference from 1000 value it comes with as starting point.

It is possible this is the way the pixhawk is supposed to work and I´m looking for an impossible thing but if no one tells me opposite I will follow with my tests

This reply was deleted.

Activity