Pixhawk not working in loiter mode

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.  I've just set up a small hexa with a pixhawk controller.  It gets off the ground fine in stabilized mode.  When I try to fly in loiter mode, I only have throttle control, no pitch or roll.  Any advice on this one would be appreciated!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello!

I have Pixhawk and I had this problem: works fine in Althold and Stabilize.
    When I try to do to Loiter mode - mode will not engage (and two beeps)/it will not go into Loiter Mode.

I have just upgraded to AC 3.3.2, I did not have this problem when I had AC 3.2.

Maybe there are some stronger requirements about number of satellites available (I had 6) to have really good position estimate. But currently I did not find anything such from manuals what are the requirements. Is it just a thought/suggestion, maybe this is a problem here.

I will try to do some more tests in a fields, where I could get luckily more than 6 satellites.
    Let's see if this fixes the problem

Eva

• Hello! Case closed.

AC 3.3.2 need stronger requirements to go into LOITER mode. You can go engage the mode if You have few satellites available and bad position estimate.

I tried to fly today and when count was 8, I heard a tone and  when loiter switch was pushed everything was OK.

In the end, satellite count was 11, HDop value quite low.
      I also tested the AUTO mode, it worked as well.

Eva

This reply was deleted.

Activity