Pixhawk on 226 quad - sudden flips

Hi all!

I finally finished my Pixhawk mount (3D printed) for my Armattan 226 quad, I know that's a crazy small quad for the Pixhawk, but I was able to fit it all onto the frame. I went through all the calibration steps, first for the sensors, then the RC, then I also ran the esc calibration app through the nuttx shell for all 4 motors. I tweaked some of the PID values in the MC parameter section until I got a really stable flight position (considering the massively overpowered Armattan 226)... Everything looked fine. I am also using the newest firmware with QGroundcontrol. 

However, ever since I switched from the KK2 (which was originally installed on this quad) to the Pixhawk Autopilot, I started to get random flips over its diagonals after flying for some time. I can't really figure out what is going wrong here, so that's why I am asking someone who has more experience with this subject matter than I do to help me out. Attached is the flight log from the last "flip". I was literally just hovering about 20-30 cm over ground. flying some small circles and getting a better feeling for the quad.

Exact setup is:

3DR Pixhawk Autopilot

Qgroundcontrol with telemetry connected on telem2

GPS + compass (though not used since I'm still indoors)

Armattan 226 carbon quad with 2200 KV motors and ESCs from Chris at Armattan. 

6x4,5 HQ props

DX6i with satellite receiver connected to Pixhawk

2200 mAh Turnigy LiPo

The motors are all connect in the right order with the right props, I double and triple checked. Also, I am able to fly perfectly fine in both Manual as well as ALTCTL for some time until it suddenly flips. 

Please help me ;)

M

08_59_21.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

A little off topic but starting my first build, hoping to do it on a similar sized quad with a pixhawk, would it be possible to see how you managed to mount the Pixhawk on such a small quad? Thinking of buying a very similar one from Armattan, seems rather reasonable.

• Have you emailed Chris at Armattan, he may have some tips.   I will be setting up my pixhawk on his FPV setup this week, if I run into the same issue I will post here. 

Thanks

• How did it go? I'm considering putting a pixhawk onto an armattan fpv also.

This reply was deleted.

Activity