Replies

• I purchased the old (4s) and the new firmware (6s) one but by mistake purchased the 20A version:

http://www.himodel.com/electric/Sunrise_BLHELI_Multi_Series_Speed_C...

Have you use it recently?

Will it sync with MN3508 KV380?

Sunrise BLHELI Multi Series Speed Controller for Multicopter BLHELI-Multi-20A-OPTO (Tube installati…
                Sunrise BLHELI Multi Series Speed Controller for Multicopter BLHELI-Multi-20A-OPTO (Tube installation) from manufacturer SUNRISE, in category Brushl…
                • if you have issue with sync adjust your timing and demag

• Thanks Mark
  • I'm about to build a few DJI S900 with Pixhawks. Seems like a fantastic combo. I'm really impressed with the S900 so far.

I can let you know how it goes. We should get these builds and initial flight tests done next week.

The RCtimer s1100 is nice but I think the original DJI s900 has some clear advantages if you don't need the extra payload capacity.

• Looking forward to any updates, Mark. Where are you located?

• I'm in London UK.  Have all the hardware in stock and will hopefully start these builds next week. Will have some proper updates then. Initial impressions are it is a great frame.

In reply to other comments:-

Power - Plan on using the RCTimer power module. It is rated to 7S so not expecting issues there.

http://www.ondrone.com/products/apm-pixhwak-power-module-7s-xt60

Plastic - Looks pretty solid. Not tested it in anger yet. I assumed plastic was intentional here. Seems a good thing to go in a crash. Easy and cheap to replace if it prevents the arms or frame breaking.  

@Todd -

GH4 - Would think this an ideal craft for a GH4. What gimbal you plan on using? The zenmuse Z15-GH4 are nice but limited to that camera model. We are getting stock of the iFlight Betview this week. I hope it will be a good match for the S900 as I like to have flexibility on cameras.

http://www.ondrone.com/products/apm-pixhwak-power-module-7s-xt60
    • Hi Mark

• Thanks Artem, I'll take a look. I wasn't even aware of this site / brand. Can I ask what makes them better
    • rctimer almost cloned s1000, both are 1060mm diameters, but DJI went with s1000 and rctimer went with s1100. arm mounting used in the s1100 is full alloy with stainless steel pivot pins.  on the s1000 DJI uses a plastic fixation knob to arrest arm in the unfolded position.

@mark how stiff is that plastic? I saw many replacements being sold online and assumed that those are expected to wear out. 

Both are very fine pieces of equipment. Of course there is a difference between the DJI motors ($180 a piece) and RCtimer ones ($60 a piece) but both are 4114 400kv. there is a comparison on youtube where a guy compared tarot($50) , rctimer( $60), tmotor ($95) and a DJI motor for $145.  Difference between thrust and efficiency was not bad at all (DJI being the best) but if I were to chose I would go with tmotor, simply put .2 amp efficiency of the DJI motor over tmotor at 1kg thrust doesn't justify $50 price difference at least for me quality being tmotor. So if I were you (and wanted to keep the same 1060mm size) I would get an empty kit from rctimer, they sell it if you send them an email, and put tmotors on it. However, if I you are not constrained by the 1060mm size I would get the bare rctimer kit with ESCs and buy longer arms to make it 1300mm. Foxtech has a wonderful 5010 288kv motor ($70), paired with an efficient 18" prop it gives 1.5kg thrust at less than 6amps, what is better however is that at 1kg it draws only 3amps!  

• Great response Artem,

What about distribution board, is there any benefits of RCtimer over updated DJI board on the S900

Im also more interested in a smaller booms (will only ever carry a GH4, currently just a GoPro) are you aware of any smaller RCtimer foldable frames that fold the same way as a S900?

Video Artem was talking about is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMofgsiBA2k

This reply was deleted.

Activity