Replies

• Yes, I believe you are missing something major here; but you've answered it at the same time. The lack of telemetry is a huge deal. Having that data available is a requirement for many of us and can save your vehicle if you miscalculate your battery life or flight time.

• Thanks Elvis, In fact I use the RCtimer 7S power module. And I take the suggestion back!

It would be a really bad idea to not have the feedback on juice left - I was flying out in Kenya with my setup last week. Here in the UK I was getting 18-20 mins with my 6S 20000mAH batteries. With the heat out there It was down below 10 minutes.

If I hadn't had the telemetry I would have found out about that in a very hard way! Instead I got a nice failsafe RTL.

• Thanks Bud,

Your post (as well as everyones) has been a great help

• No worries - all in it together as they say.  

I've just received my FC and my frame is built with my batteries arriving tomorrow as well as my gimbal next week.  To say the least, I'm a bit nervous yet excited!  I'll post updates as I move along with the build.

Best regards,

Bud

• Hi artem,
    I was email Nina from RCtimer to ask for empty frame and they sell it 1400usd without motor, esc and landing skid. I'm also compare it with Foxtech Kraken K130 empty frame for 1325usd.
    Do you think the pivot arm folding of S1100 will hold with total AUW 16 ~ 18kg?
    Planning to convert it into X16 for maximum payload of 10kg (4kg Ronin+ 2kg Camera + 4kg batteries)

I like the S1100 small footprint, but will it stand for masive payload weight?
    • yes, the folding mechanism is rather solid, but is not as strong as the k130. K130 weights ~6kg dry though, compared to ~4.2kg of the s1100.  

s1100 is not meant to carry 18kg due more to its PCB center plate vs aluminum(bottom) and 4mm CF(top) of the k130. The only reason I would upgrade s1100 it to 1300mm with 288kv motors is to gain more flight time and keep AUW under 13kg, just like foxtech recommends for the k130. Under 15kg I estimate one could fly red dragon + gimbal for 15min+ on the s1100 stretched to 1300mm, 288kv motors, 1886 props. 

At 1400 price point without landing gear their logic is less than questionable... just get the whole thing for 2k and sell the motors for $50 a piece easy on ebay :)

p.s. for your purpose I think you need k130, as I think your total weight will come closer to 20kg.

• I think you are right, is there any way to found out the weight of K130 without motor and landing skid?

• Ask Fu over at RCG thread, he is the owner of foxtech. btw, if you are interested there are high quality 40a 6s slim-in-tube ESCs with blheli firmware (fast responce and no timing issues for about $20 a piece. They will be a good help to reduce weight, wiring and tidy up that x16 of yours. Btw let me know know how u'll be doing when tuning PIDs..
          • Thanks will send an email to Fu also.

Any link for those ESC?

• http://www.himodel.com/electric/Sunrise_BLHELI_Multi_Series_40A_2-6...

Google on how to setup blheli for high pole count motors, very easy.
              Sunrise BLHELI Multi Series 40A 2-6S Speed Controller for Multicopter BLHELI-Multi-40A-OPTO (Tube…
              Sunrise BLHELI Multi Series 40A 2-6S Speed Controller for Multicopter BLHELI-Multi-40A-OPTO (Tube installation) from manufacturer SUNRISE, in catego…
This reply was deleted.

Activity