Replies

• That's interesting. My springs looked to be stretched to a similar amount to yours, but there's definitely a lot of play in the landing gear mechanism when down. I've just moved the collars 10mm down to stretch the springs a little more, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to the amount of play in them.

Anyway even with the legs up, the legs don't seem to shake, but the whole copter and gimbal still does enough to ruin any video.

• Hi Glen,

Are you still having dramas? We've got this gimbal on board now and she seems to  work nicely and stabilize pretty well.

Have you got your landing gear to retract? what settings are you using if so? not as straight forward as I was expecting

• Yeah I'm still having trouble getting vibration-free video out of this thing. It looks like the s900 is shaking the whole gimbal from time to time, no matter how far I turn the PIDs down. I'm wondering if a different gimbal or gimbal controller might help.

The landing gear was easy, I've just got it hooked up to a two position switch on the taranis, and the control signal is straight from the receiver.

• We've been having a play with some video now and are having the same vibration problems as you. I think the problem might be in the gimbal mount. It's so small and close together that I think it induces a bit of low frequency wobble. Ours came with some fat rubber stoppers that will no doubt remove the higher frequency vibrations stemming from the motors etc but I think they just causing more problems. I might do a home made job and extend the mounts to be quite a bit wider, hopefully that will make some difference. At the moment their so close as to almost pendulum the whole gimbal. What gimbal are you using? we have just a cheap martinez board and hobbyking hardware which could contribute to issues too. 

A mate of mine runs a program called mercalli to post process video and get rid of the vibrations, worked pretty well3702906603?profile=original

• I have the same issue with my S900 A2. Its not being caused by the Flight controller. After months of trying everything imaginable I sent the machine back to DJI. It came back with the A2 mounted on the top plate next to the GPS and this has helped. It used to bounce and shake with gains over 130 basic which made it useless flying in any wind and completely unacceptable for professional use. After all this its still shaking at times but I can now run the gains up to 170. It seems to build up harmonic resonance that I just cannot get rid of. 

Some days it fly's great even shooting with 85mm lens but then on another it will be shaking and bouncing and I cant find any pattern in it.

One thing that has helped is Im now using a stabilised lens, Panasonic 12-35 and that has taken care of some of the micro vibrations but the machine is causing issues.

I have friends with S900's and some are flying flawlessly and some like mine just fly like shit and I suspect it always will.

I have spent hours and hours and well over $1000 trying different things to get the shaking sorted but I have just finished a coax 8 folding Quadframe with DJI S800 motors and its flying like a dream!. Im dumping the S900.

• The gimbal is still in the post so haven't had a chance to see how it flies with it. will keep you posted

• I'd be very surprised if your S1000 still works well when you attach a gimbal. I can't get my gimbal to stop being shaken, even after reducing the PIDs way down to what I have above. I'm very close to just selling this s900 and finding a non-dji replacement.

I've also tried replacing the top and bottom plates with thicker carbon fibre, but it didn't help. Have also removed all props and reattached them a little looser so that they can swing freely. That didn't help either.

• Hi Glenn,

I'm using default PIDs and have a Sony A7r mounted with a 150mm lens under my s1000. using 1/5000 shutter but images are sharp as you like.

• Hi Adrian,

Have you got your landing gear to lift up during flights yet? I am having issues and wouldn't mind some advice if you've achieved this

Thanks,

Mike

• Hi Mike,

It's not something I've been bothered about doing I'm afraid - I see it as a roll cage for my camera in the event of a crash and so leave it down

best

Adrian

This reply was deleted.

Activity