Pixhawk with DJI Lightbridge

Has anyone been able to configure a Pixhawk to work with a lightbridge HD link?

I'm able to get the Lightbridge control signals to the pixhawk but I've yet to figure out how to set the FailSafe.  When I turn off the RC controller, the lightbridge air module continues to output the same S.Bus channel signal levels. 

From talking to others I've found out that Lightbridge outputs the fail-safe "flag" in the header or footer (I'm not sure which) of the S.Bus signal (not the normal PPM channels like the pixhawk is expecting).  Can anyone confirm this is true and if so, how can I map the DJI Lightbridge failsafe signal to the Pixhawk's failsafe.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi may get some detail how you managed to get LB to work with pixhawk? Thanks

andreas kellermann said:

Hi Chris

Yes, I fly a Pixhawk Skywalker and a Dropix tricopter for about half a year with a DJI Lightbridge. Works really well and RC link is at least as good as a standart 2.4ghz transmitter.

You set the failsave in the DIJ Lightbridge app to your values. To test them you have to arm Ardupilot first (secure the props...!).

• Hi, You mentioned that you could get the control signals to the pixhawk. How did you manage it? Can you give a bit detail?

Thanks

• This is exactly why we are trying to combine open source with closed one - wish of good luck instead of "I did this way..."

Yes, integration means I need some hardware on vehicle and some inside remote, so connecting phone with Tower app to remote via USB cable will give all the goodies ArduPilot is proud of.

• Sorry, I just assumes that once you spoke of integrating systems, I assumed looking at the linux computers that run SoloLink (controller, and companion computer onboard) with python , would be self-explaining.

Anyway, if you have doubts , or as you say dont want to buy solo, then ignore my comments.

Good luck. 

• I don't want to buy Solo, I have vehicle already, and seems there is no way to get around it. And remote is part of the system, correct?

Can you point to any documentation? I'm little skeptical about "easy to duplicate on other hardware" - nothing is out there still. On http://mrobotics.io/the-solo-link they do something, but again, nothing in production.

• it's in any Solo, once you are familiar with it, it's easy to duplicate on other hardware.  (if you are a professional user, you'll most likely wish to equip more than a few UAVs.)

• Ok, where to get it?

• Solo's SoloLink is not "tied" to anything. It serves gopro, but also Sony and Kodak cameras as designed, and works with anything has HDMI.   (I , for instance, had it running with Sony RX100-v4 and EOS-M3)

• quick search did not give any product to buy with such name.

Solo as a product is not an option simply because it tied to gopro camera which is garbage for aerial.

What I'm looking for is integrated solution on ground side. So far there is nothing in open source universe. So LB seems the only one.

• why try  to combine something open(source) and free, with closed, proprietary, and way overpriced ?

You would get more out of an SoloLink, for less, and much more functionality (with OpenCV)

This reply was deleted.

Activity