Pixhawk with DJI Lightbridge

Has anyone been able to configure a Pixhawk to work with a lightbridge HD link?

I'm able to get the Lightbridge control signals to the pixhawk but I've yet to figure out how to set the FailSafe.  When I turn off the RC controller, the lightbridge air module continues to output the same S.Bus channel signal levels. 

From talking to others I've found out that Lightbridge outputs the fail-safe "flag" in the header or footer (I'm not sure which) of the S.Bus signal (not the normal PPM channels like the pixhawk is expecting).  Can anyone confirm this is true and if so, how can I map the DJI Lightbridge failsafe signal to the Pixhawk's failsafe.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• +1 

• Totally agree +1

• Agree

• +1

• Good points. Agree except  for 1/5th the range,  I don't think you can even get close to  5km with LB, at 1080 resolution. Maybe 1/2, if that. That said  I don't have first hand experience at those distances.

• @ Guy: "There's simply nothing else on the market that can compete in terms of performance at that price point."

Connex  .... At $1600 it's a bit more expensive than LB2 at $1,400, and does not quite have the range, but low latency, less proprietary with generic UAV and 1080/60 HDMI out supported independent of FC, and includes Mavlink support.

Similar  tech as Lightbridge and 4G LTE, FHSS/DSSS/OFDM/MIMO I think but at 5.8Ghz, with MIMO 5x2.

• thanks for this information. I didn't know this. Solo is using normal wifi, though, isn't it?

• What is more remarkable is they bundle this technology into the Phantom 3 (pro) for very little extra upcharge while the standalone unit costs almost as much a P3 pro itself. I am not sure it is quite as good as a standalone unit, or exactly the same, but I have had it out to almost 3k.

• It just shows that the hardware itself is cheap. You pay so much for the lightbridge 1 because it was the first affordable system. And now you pay as much for the lb2 because after you realize that your phantom is too small for a better cam / you are a "pro" there is still no option around the lb2 so you buy it even at 1400$. 

• FYI I just found some actual photos of the internals:

http://bbs.5imxbbs.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=946919

Seems like they really made sure to remove the silkscreen on every single component... And I`m pretty sure they enabled every protection mechanism they could think of. Not good :(

This reply was deleted.

Activity