Replies

• @Sergio Did you have any luck getting the 30A Rotorgeeks working with Pixhawk? I have just got some and am now thinking this might be a problem.

• I tried to fix this problem.

In version 13.2, find the line in the file blheli.asm:

ljmp 1C00h ; Jump to bootloader

and comment it。

; ljmp 1C00h ; Jump to bootloader

• Issue with that solution is that then you wont get back to the bootloader, you'll have to flash them by connecting to the various pins on the chip (or if the ESC has a board location that you can connect to).  No more one wire flashing if that's the case.

I'd rather we solve it other ways, but if that works as a workaround then I'm sure people will be happy to do it to get a working ESC again.  I've moved to some Blue Series 30A ESC's, I'll be looking into my EMAX BLHeli ESC's soon as I'd like to try 6s on this thing at some time, my current ESC's are maxed out on 4s.

• please give a little detailed explanation

• Today I replaced my BLHeli ESCs with brand new Hobbywing X-Rotor 20A and I am glad to say that I now have no issues with the ESCs initialising/booting correctly on Pixhawk running ArduCopter 3.2.1. I'm sorry I took the BLHeli route TBH - everyone shouts about how great it is, and as I newbie I was drawn in - I just didn't realise that when I switched to Pixhawk, they would be problematic.

As a side note (slightly off topic :-) Strangely, the Hobbywing ESCs start the motors up much faster upon arming, and seem to run generally faster, so have had to adjust a few parameters to slow down the arm speed (MOT_SPIN_ARMED) and also adjust the THR_MIN also. Also, I used to have 60% THR_MID to get a mid stick position hover in Stabilize mode, now I have adjusted this to 50% for a perfect hover. so definitely more poke out of the motors with these new ESCs, and they are half the size! If anyone is looking for 4 Turnigy Plush 30A ESCs with BLHeli 13.2 give me a shout. 

• I'm glad to find that I'm not alone on this issue! I have Turnigy Plush nfet 30a ESCs flashed with BLHeli 13.2 and see exactly the same symptoms with ESCs not spinning after arming. On occasion it just affects one ESC, but sometimes more than one, even all of them on occasion. Just one more issue to add to the list of those I am seeing with my introduction to Pixhawk! Must say though, when it does pass all the pre-arm tests and the motors do all spin, this is on mighty stable flight controller - just hope I can find resolution to all these annoying issues. 

• same issue with my new copter as i want to use the emax 12A escs with blheli on pixhawk. I also think that the escs are sitting in the bootloader mode because i cannot hear the arming sound of the escs. Hope that chris will find a solution.

vb Hartmut

• Hi guys,

I plan to sink some time into this on the weekend, tonight was the first night I've been home this the week.  I really want the ESC's to work otherwise they'll be collecting dust which is not good.

Chris

• @Khoa Nuyen

I think it's due to the BLHeli ESC's sitting at the bootloader.  I'm trying to work out if we can send the right signal to them to get them to go past it.  I wont have time to really look at it for a week or so, due to work and family commitments, so if someone else gets to it good, if not then I'll try then.

• I have exactly the same problem. I think there is something incompatible with BlHeli and Pixhawk. I tried running Pixhawk with EMAX Blheli ESC's and Sunrise Opto Blheli ESC's and nothing happens. I know the ESC's are working because they are fine when I use them with just a receiver and also on APM 2.6. I hope someone smarter than me can figure the situation out because I have 10 Blheli ESC's which would be useless if they don't work with Pixhawk.

This reply was deleted.

Activity