Replies

• good idea

• I'll shoot EMAX an email asking what conditions put the ESC into the programmer mode.  Hopefully we can resolve it by sending the appropriate PWM signal.

• Same situation here i am shifting to turnigy esc for time being but i had put a voltege divider between esc and pixhawk but it still didnt worked

probably your explanation is right.

• I can confirm the same happens with the pixhawk firmware (PX4 flightstack) as well.  I think what is happening is that the ESC is sitting on the bootloader as it's supposed to detect no activity and then continue to it's require boot sequence.  If it thinks it's got a programmer attached then it waits.

Now to work out why thinks it's got a programmer attached.  I'm wondering if anyone has the ability to generate a PWM signal with a peak of 7V, if so then we should be simulate this issue outside of the Pixhawk.

I'd be happy if that doesn't cause it as then it's just got to be the signal its putting out then.  If that's the case then we should be able to fix it, if it stops due to the 7V peak then it's hardware and I dont see us fixing short of modding the pixhawk.  I still dont understand where it's getting the 7V from?  Is someone who knows the Pixhawk hardware able to shed some light where the 7V is coming from? 

I've got 3 other ESC's on the way that I'll use for the immediate future.  I think the EMAX BLHeli's will have to wait till this is resolved (or I may have to use them elsewhere).  It seems that we dont have the same issue on the APM 2.x hardware.

Chris

• I have a 2nd Pixhawk that just arrived, I might try loading the pixhawk firmware instead of APM firmware and see if it also has the same issue with the ESC's that way we can be sure it's a hardware / ESC firmware issue which it's sounding like it is.

What's odd about all this is most signal voltages dont need much, I think from reading it indicated it only really needed to be about 2V.....

I'll try the above and report back.

• i also checked with the power coming from 5v BEC but again the result was same i was thinking to put a voltage divider circuit infront of the pixhawk o/p to convert it to 5v peak to peak.

• What I meant to say was:

I know thats from the pixhawk's site but I cant see the firmware being able to change at what voltage level it is

• i think pixhawk sends the signals using ppm but the esc is not able to read them properly. probably the calibration for ppm is different i will have to check with a oscilloscope.

• Pixhawk takes in PPM but it outputs PWM on the motor & aux channels.  But it is definitely doing something different.  If it outputting PPM it wouldn't have taken as long to get the PPM Out working in ardupilot 3.2 or was it 3.3?

• have u tried older version of apm firmware

This reply was deleted.

Activity