Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As a clone user, based on your information, i decided to give a try and buy an original. But... PixRacer is out of stock :( 

Do you know how long does it usually take to be in stock again?

If this will take long:

Do you maybe have a spare pixracer to sell? Im only looking for original, used is good as well. (only if it does not hurt the economy, Auav, etc.. you know.)

Anyways, i will still try to fix my clone with 3.4, regardless of having a genuine one or not. Hope you wont hate me for that.

Then I can use my drone and hack a faulty one at the same time :)

• Artem said:

if you are handy enough with the heat gun, try replacing LDOs with the genuine parts from Mouser/Digikey. 

Wow, that would be awesome... if I could do that : ) Is there anyone having the same problem and resolved by replacing LDO?

• if you are handy enough with the heat gun, try replacing LDOs with the genuine parts from Mouser/Digikey. 

Dave said:

I can add to the discussion here about the clone PixRacer as I have one.I also have a genuine one on order from AUAV. The link that Phillip posted where Mr. Meier is identifying 2 LDO voltage regulators (U304 &504) as being the problem is what the Chinese cloner is now saying also. In fact you can see a note to this affect on the GLB website Pixracer kit page. The schematic calls for a LP5907-Q1 with a "RAHQ" chip identifier. The clone board regulators are identified as "LLVB". These have very similar specs assuming the cloner used a genuine TI device. In any case it's not the same device called out on the board BOM as Mr. Meier noted.

• well, back to topic: i got my PixRacer Board from Nick. I come from PX4 and now loaded AC 3.4 rc1 and so far all fine. One thing, I cannot seem to connect the wifi esp to mission planner. It does work with QGC and there, I can modify all parameters. My esp still creates network "pixracer"

In mission planner I cannot change the esp settings (which are "arducopter"

How do I go about it?

• i was wrong. i dont have reset. Or i dont find it. Neither on the official schematics.. 

• Hey. Yes i have a reset button. Will try soon. Will the nsh reset have the same effect? Maybe some delay in the startup script?
    Or adding another regulator to before the batt?
  • I can add to the discussion here about the clone PixRacer as I have one.I also have a genuine one on order from AUAV. The link that Phillip posted where Mr. Meier is identifying 2 LDO voltage regulators (U304 &504) as being the problem is what the Chinese cloner is now saying also. In fact you can see a note to this affect on the GLB website Pixracer kit page. The schematic calls for a LP5907-Q1 with a "RAHQ" chip identifier. The clone board regulators are identified as "LLVB". These have very similar specs assuming the cloner used a genuine TI device. In any case it's not the same device called out on the board BOM as Mr. Meier noted.

• @Thorsten: than you for helpful guidance, i still need to be socialized to forums ;)

My pixracer works with 3.3.4. I spent a few hours to configure it, but it flies. But, I need 3.4, with those great fetures in there.

After updating to 3.4-rc1, it does not work as i expect.

This is the problem:

- the first few power on, the boot sound seems to be cut by two beeps

- after a few retry, i get the same signal as with 3.3.4. if this happens, i can connect with MP, over USB

- in the APM folder of the SD card, in boot.log: "No PX4IO board found"

- in Mission planner, all data is zero on the status tab, except FW version, date time, capabilities.

- tests using NSH over MP connects, but these are the results:

nsh> mpu6000 test

mpu6000: ret: -1, expected 72.

mpu6000: ret: immediate acc read failed: Invalid argument

nsh> mpu9250 test

mpu9250: /dev/mpu9250_accel open failed .... No such file or directory

Are there any other useful logs for this?

BOOT.LOG

1.BIN

2.BIN

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702262732?profile=original
    • I wont give up before a real try.
      If this is an issue already reported, im not alone. If this is an issue havent fixed, i may take it as a challenge.
      My strategy would be first to find where the issue was introduced. If i have a revision, where it got broken, we may be closer to a fix. Or have the knowledge its not fixable. I would be fine with that.
      • T3

Hi Marcell,

just curious, but why investing much time (and thus money) in a board that will most probably be replaced soon because it is faulty.

Supporting the Ardupilot would be great and I guess any help is greatly appreciated.

Helping HK in selling a counterfeit on the other hand and thus helping ripping off the devs seems counterproductive to me.

No offence!

Thorsten

PS:

From Phillip:

"My main dispute with these cloners is they did not even attempt to personalize the silkscreen." 

So it looks like it is made by AUAV and they receive the support requests.

More on this at: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/pixracer-now-available-from-hob...

This reply was deleted.

Activity