Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  I will take it if you still have it.

Thanks,

Steve

• Yes, it is a fantastic board, but It's been sitting in a drawer for over 6 months, I have been more into the F3 racing scene.  Nothing more.

• May I ask why you want to sell it? Isn't it a great board?

• I no longer have a need for my PixRacer.
    If anyone wants it with GPS and the 2 power modules for $70 OBO please let me know.
    I purchased it direct from auav
    If not ill put it on ebay, but figured I would give the guys at DIY a first chance.
    I think I have all the cables but cant guarantee it.
    Send me a PM over diy if you are interested.
    3702328868?profile=original

• I use Mission Planner.  I also have Q ground control because I ran the PX4 flight stack just to see what it could do.  I also needed Q ground control to load APM back on from PX4.

• Do you use Mission planner or Q ground control

• I have been using it for the past 6 months now and had some problems with it at first but know it seems to be working great.  I only use 3.4 on it since previous versions don't really support it.  The compass options now calibrate all three with no compass variance errors.

I also compile my own code so I can get the onboard LED to work.  That way I know if I have a GPS lock before I take off.

• Hi Guys. I purchased a AUAV Pixracer almost 6 months ago at the time I had limited success. So I put it away and just keep an eye on this thread. and after following the progress of the Pixracer for some time now seems like time to get it out and give it another try. I have also learn lots about quads and flight controllers also. This board has some amazing hardware it has the potential to be the best on the market. 

Time to get re antiquated.

• Naaa, acro isn't for me ;)

Edgar Scott said:

Thanks Cala your feedback is much appreciated.
    So the compass, waypoints, rtl etc are all pretty much working now?
    Have you tried acro?

• Hello,
    The support of Spektrum DSMX seems to be broken with the last batch of board. I have 2 6 month old pixracer how is working and two one week old and these two don't work.
    Tried 3.3.4 and 3.4rc-5.

Jared Muirhead said:

I've been using my pixracer successfully with ppm for some time.  Today I tried to use my Spektrum transmitter (Dx6) with Lemon DSMX receiver.

My radio calibration screen just shows 0s for all channels.  I've verified with a scope that the data is getting into the FC.  Does anyone know what to do?  

I know the pixracer has an SBUS inverter line so the RC_Input (PC7) can be used for either SBUS or DSMX, but it doesn't look like that inverter line is being used at all.

I'm running 3.3.4-pixracer, but also tried with the latest rc of 3.4.

Any help is appreciated.

This reply was deleted.

Activity