Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is a pic of my PixRacer build with FPV/32GB DVR Recording/5.8Ghz etc
    Weighs in at only 210 Grams
    Hope to fly it soon, waiting on a motor and resolution on the All At Once ESC Calibration but I think so far it looks great, love the lightweight PixRacer board
    3702208429?profile=original

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702208429?profile=original
    • Cool Edgar!! hey post that link to your build here.. 

• Wow, that's great! 
      What kind of flight time do you expect w/ that little thing?
      I was able to get my 250 quad up to 18 minutes! (hovering/slowly doing auto missions.. not sure what I'd get if I were flying fast..)

• Thanks Scott, well doubt I would get near 18 min, I would guess 5-6 min with a little larger battery and that's perfectly fine with me if it stays under 250 grams.  When I used this frame with the APM Mini it flew pretty fast without being shaky at all, so I think it will be even better with the Pixracer since it's a faster processor.  My Vortex is a 250 and only does 5-6 min but is crazy crazy fast ;-)

I just can't wait to get this one to fly ;-)

• Oh I certainly wouldn't expect 18 min.. I was just bragging a little :)..  (My copter could NOT survive a crash.. super light, 6" props barely fit.. some brands don't fit.  I made a lot of compromises to get that time)

I'm wanting to build a small copter like yours, and 5min is my minimum for being worth it, I think...  
          Those tiny copters seem to be around 4 min on average w/ existing tech..  Things will just keep getting lighter and smaller from here...

• I cannot seem to get the pixracer to see my X8R Frysky RX. I have the PX4 flight stack installed. It doesn't see the RX signal. I've tried a couple receivers same issue. Anybody have any ideas? I know this is the ardupilot thread but....... might be relevant to other issue..? 

3702208063?profile=original

• Richard,

I have fixed the code for R14 boards on PX4 and tested its effects on the R12 boards as well. DSM and sBus test fine on both. I am working to get the fix committed to PX4 Master right now. Expect it to appear later today.

Phil

• Great!!! Thanks!! 

• Richard,

Today we noticed there is a problem with serial based RC inputs like sBus and DSM with the PX4 software and the R14 boards. We are working on it now.

Phil

• Weird, for me it worked out of the box with x8r and x4r both using the sbus output and D16 mode.
      Can you check the cable?
      Does the Receiver turn on(leds)?
This reply was deleted.

Activity