Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I got it to work.  Load APM 3.3.3 again and that loaded 3.3.4 PixRacer and now the Battery, Amps works as well as the Relay Pins.  CH5 is AUX 5 or 54 and CH6 is AUX 6 or 55.

RSSI still doesn't work.

• For number 9, I think I see what you mean.. You drilled (or have) a hole the button will mount nicely in, but the connector is too big to fit?  If you can't get it through sideways, you'll probably have to unsolder the button..  It's just 3 conductors..

• David/Scott, I think it is easier to just remove the 3 wires from the plug and re-insert. See my instructions above.

• There is a lengthy thread at RCGroups here.gervais is active on the thread.

• Developer

PhillipK and I spent some time just now trying to get the ESP wifi board working.  I thought that it would simply be a matter of setting a few parameters (i.e. SERIALX_BAUD 921, BRD_SERX_RTSCTS 0 where "X" is some number from 1 to 4) but it seems that's not the case.  Try as I might I, like others here, couldn't get the board working.

It seems the serial port is on device "/dev/ttyS0" (I'm writing it here perhaps mostly so I don't forget this piece of info).

So, there's definitely a problem and we will sort it out.  Normally I'd jump on it immediately but both Tridge and I are tied up for the next 2 days or so.  .. so it's going to take us a few days to sort it out but we will!  I'm pretty sure this will lead to a Copter-3.3.5 release once we've confirmed the fix.

So sorry for the troubles and delay!

• Randy...do you know what's up with the safety button light staying solid an not being able to go into all at once ESC calibration?

• Just an idea... have you tried to set the BRD_SAFETYENABLE to '0' then try the esc calibration? 

• Great idea, but it did not seem to make a difference...thanks!

• 3dr radio worked for me with APM dev 3.4  but wifi / BT no go.   Using APM P2 GCS

This reply was deleted.

Activity