Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Randy -

1. The WiFi adaptor is on USART0 and that is not an option to set as a Telemetry port.

2. Spektrum DSM receiver input is not detected.

3. RSSI input does not appear to work.

Is there a preferred place to file firmware issues?

• Developer

PhillipK,

The issues should go into the issues list.  I think we preface the subject line with "Pixracer:".

ArduPilot/ardupilot
            ArduPlane, ArduCopter, ArduRover source. Contribute to ArduPilot/ardupilot development by creating an account on GitHub.
    • Randy does this new master include any of the rc input fix or the wifi function fixes for pixracer.

Jack

• Just flashed the 03/31 Build - That should be safe to fly, doesn't it?!

• 3.3.3 is what's considered the safe version. Beyond that it's use at your own risk. 

• Hi again, is it possible to configure RSSI? I tried with 3.4dev setting RSSI_ANA_PIN to 103 and RSSI_PIN_HIGH to 3.5. But no RSSI is reported in MP's HUD: "rssi: 0". I'm using an FrSky X8R receiver. RSSI is working ok with above configuration on a 3DR pixhawk.

• Hey all,

I'm facing a massive delay (up to 2 sec) on the rc controls via PPM (GR-16).

Same receiver works well on AUAV-X2 without delay.  

Using master on a trip frame (waiting for a solution mapping RC7 to RC6 for yaw servo, until now I have to compile master with modified AP_MotorsTri.h)

Anyone else noticed delay with PPM?

Cheers

Guido

• My r14 board has Probs with Hott (Graupner) PPM as well.

Calibration works fine, but RC Receiver message appears quite often and Failsafe ´s getting engaged. Probs with 3.3.4 (Pixracer stable), as well as with current master. 4/6/2016

And no, this is not a RC hardware problem. I´ve got several nicely working GR-16

• Hi all, I finally got my pixracer. I managed to flash PX4 firmware using QGroundControl. But I cannot flash APM using Misison planner or APM planner. It detects the board, downloads the file, but then after a while a message 'error uploading firmware' pops up. I tried SD card in / out. Safety switch and buzzer connected / not connected. I don't mind trying out PX4 at some point but I have used APM for the past years and feel much more familiar with it.

• Developer

Tobias,

You've got the latest version of mission planner?  I'm using the latest beta version which is 1.3.37 build 1.1.5932.22903.  I haven't actually tested this particular beta version (because I don't have my pixracer with me at this precise moment) but I've certainly uploaded with earlier beta versions of MP.

This reply was deleted.

Activity