Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• For My DX9 and when I use a PPM FC's like the Pixracer
          I use this Rx
          http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&pa...

or this one
          http://www.amazon.com/OrangeRx-R615X-Compatible-2-4GHz-Receiver/dp/...

Both work great with PPM and Spektrum, the Lemon Rx also has a telemetry if you want it, both are much cheaper than Spektrum. I prefer the Lemon over the Orange.

• Edgar

thanks this looks like a good solution for now. The full size was OK for bench testing but for flight on a 250 size there is little space for that so the small sat. Rx works good. This is small and I like the added feature of failsafe. I ordered the lemon.

thanks Jack

• Jack, in this pic under the JST power plug you can see a little black rectangle in shrink wrap with a wire sticking out, thats little thing is my LemonRx, I just don't use the lemon satellite which makes it pretty tiny and light weight.3702891501?profile=original

• Oh sorry Jack, I sent you the wrong orange, this is the tiny one
              http://www.amazon.com/Orangerx-Spektrum-Compatible-2-4ghz-Receiver/...

its 6ch ppm

• I have it on a 150 micro quad so I'm sure you will be okay for now, both are pretty small, almost as small as a satellite :-D

I actually like the lemon rx a lot that I sent you, great range, I use it on my vortex 

• Philly

I have used px4 with your fix and no problem but our testing is wanting to use apm with spectrum sat. Rx

Jack

• Andrew

this is only a problem on the new r14 boards. What code version is working for apm rc input on r14 pixracers.

Jack

• Hello,

Thank you for your work.

Don't hesitate to ask if you want a tester.

Have a nice day. ;)

• I posted a few weeks ago about my ASCP4 current reading not working properly.. 
    AUAV gave me an RMA and I have a new one now, and it still doesn't work....

When I'm only drawing about 500ma, I have to set the volts/amps to about 200 to get a proper reading. 
    Someone said 36.3636 is what it should be. 

When it is set to 36.3636 low power consumption doesn't read at all, until I get to about 2 amps.  Then I get a reading and it is correct in the 3amp range. . But then as I throttle up and get a real world reading of 5 amps, MP is showing me over 7 amps. 

So the scale is wrong.. or the curve.. like linear vs expo or something.. I have no idea, but it's not working. 

Are others having this problem w/ APM

• I see that now an ACSP5 power module is available.  How do I order one of those since I really don't need the ACSP4.

Is it also possible to have a 3DR radio cable made since I really don't want to fly with a WiFi board.  I know the WiFi is much smaller than a Radio but for me a Bluetooth module would have made more sense.

This reply was deleted.

Activity