This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.
We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens. Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).
File Upload didn't work... So tried again...
I updated to the latest 3.4 as of today.
Still can't calibrate the ESCs. When armed, nothing happens, no response. With 3.3.4, the motors would go full blast with the slightest addition of throttle.
Uploaded the latest log, hopefully it's the right one because the date and times are all off.
Hi De Le,
It looks like you are using oneshot. Have you tried with normal esc output?
You may want to try loading your pixhawk on the usb power then enabling the output and only then connecting a battery. That will ensure your esc's are getting the shorter pulses straight away.
Yes, I've got PWM enabled now and with 3.4 still nothing. I've tried setting the MOTOR_PWM_TYPE to 0 and 2 and nothing on 3.4
When you plug the battery in do you get any chiming from the motors?
The log looks strange to me. I don't think you have the correct one it should have the correct date.
If you are reading it by plugging the sd card into the computer , look in the APM directory.
What esc's are you using?
I'm using RCTimer 30a ESCs loaded with the latest BLHeli firmware. Originally I had PWM disabled, then I enabled it but still nothing. With 3.4 I get no tones from the motors when I plug in the battery.
OK, when you first set up the rctimer's with BLHeli did you use the pass thru on you the FC you were using.
If possible without alot of trouble can you plug each esc one at a time into your receiver and see if you can throttle up the motors without the FC being in the picture.
I can throttle up the motor just fine going to the receiver, I was able to throttle up the motor fine on 3.3.4 also... just had no control, it was either off or all the way on. 3.4 has no response what so ever.
as temporary workaround I'd like to offer you an advice:
use blheli/simonk firmware to set all endpoints the same on your ESC, this should be more than enough to fly.
I had all the endpoints setup with the ESCs prior using Cleanflight on a SP F3 racer board. Everything was working fine. I swapped out the board with the Pixracer.