Developer

PixRacer with Ardupilot

This is a discussion to focus the feedback and support of ardupilot on the PixRacer board from AUAV.co.

We believe that all teething problems encountered are now resolved and so we recommend people load Copter-3.3.4 which is available for all multicopters through the Mission Planner's (and other GCS's) Install Firmware screens.  Note that because regular Pixhawks are still on Copter-3.3.3 the install icon may show Copter-3.3.3 but rest assured, Copter-3.3.4 will be installed (you can check the version by looking at the very top of the Mission Planner).

3691274249?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MOT_PWM_TYPE=2 ?

Do you mean
            MOT_PWM_MODE=2

If so yes, when I did only one prop spun, it was motor 1, the others I don't think moved or maybe they fluttered.

If this helps, here is a link to my ESCs

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&a...

If you look in the diagram it says some specs that mean little to me, but maybe you can tell if my ESC are supposed to support type 2, if so I can trying again later ;)

• MOT_PWM_TYPE=2: Pretty sure my escs support oneshot 125 (Dys SN 20A with BLHeli 14.4), didn't work on the quad though, props don't spin when armed, neither without nor with throttle.

Calibration doesn't work either, if i try calibrating when powering up with full throttle, i hear the usual beebs given when powering up without throttle and all motors start on full power. weird, that they "work" while trying to calibrate, but not after arming?

With MOT_PWM_TYPE=1 motors works, but props spin even when not armed. I think that should be looked into too. At least i don't like my props to spin when disarmed... After arming they go a little bit faster and react as usual when throtteling up.

• Very much my results, motors move before even armed on mode 1, there is an issue it would seem.  Mode 2 won't work or one motor spins etc so bigger issue than mode 1.  At least I am not alone on my results now :-).

• Developer

very nice.  So great to see all this working.  OneShot support is one of the major things we wanted to get sorted before starting the Copter-3.4 beta testing.  Last remaining thing is now terrain following.

• I redid MOT_PWM_MODE=1, its working now, wahoo!

• Thanks Andrew, I can try it on my little guy tonight.

Just load it via MP right?

Noob question, link says *.px4, is this Arducopter or px4 firmware?

Do you know if the all at once ESC calibration will be fixed soon.

Ill try it tonight and let you know.

• Developer

Noob question, link says *.px4, is this Arducopter or px4 firmware?

It is ArduCopter. The ".px4" extension is the file type.

Do you know if the all at once ESC calibration will be fixed soon.

that should be working now ... can you try with the fw I linked?

• Andrew...Wahoo, it worked, all at once worked, wifi worked all works so far, all you devs at diy are the best :D

I have my PIDs as low as possible and I still get lots of oscillation especially at take off.
          If you have a sec can you recommend what to adjust in the PID's to help, any higher seems to just add more shaking and I cant go any lower and the lower I go the less responsive I get.

BTW, this is a small 150mm, attached are logs of an indoor hover

3702812587?profile=original

PixRacerSub250Wobble.log

• You can enter lower PID's in the full config list area..

My roll pid's are very low..  .0135 for p and i, .004 for d.  From auto-tune.
            Pitch is about the same.  Yaw is a little higher.

Is that screen shot from while you had this new firmware loaded?

• New firmware its grayed out, wonder if you can still change it in the advanced?

This reply was deleted.

Activity