I'm at my wit's end and need help. Last fall, I got my new quad flying and did some tests. I needed to move the compass and do another compassmot, but couldn't get around to it due to school. This spring, I got the quad back out to work on it and can't get it to communicate with MP. It times out each time and gives me a 'No heartbeat packets" error and says it can't open the COM port. The APM 2.5 lights up, the red, blue and yellow lights flash, but it times out every time. I can't even reload the firmware.
Here's what I've tried to do so far, with no luck;
- 4 different USB cords
- With and without the receiver attached
- With and without the new external mag attached
- Quadruple checked the cut I made for the external mag as per instructions on this site
- checked and reloaded the FTDI drivers
- Deleted and reloaded the MP, on 3 different computers (Windows 8.1, Vista and XP)
- With and without power from battery and power module
- With and without external GPS antenna
- With many different versions of MP
- Even tried with APM planner
I'm losing my mind and haven't been able to fly all year. Please help!