Police Drone

Hi,

I am searching a low cost solution for monitoring my house for anti-thief. (police drone)

I think we need an infrared camera.

Thermal camera seems an expensive one, but maybe we could add it.

Which drone do you recommend me to buy?

Regards

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We/FlightBots have a high level design to match your application but haven't yet completed a detailed design enabling a technical build for a cost effective product (lots of different ways to do this).

As a quick/cheap solution might be best to just get IP cameras and use security software - for example:

Cameras

http://foscam.co.uk/outdoor-cameras.html

Software (easy to use and works with most IP cameras)

http://blueirissoftware.com )

Best of luck in getting this sorted!

• Ok. Well the word cheap is not to be associated with this.  Nothing about a flying FLIR camera is "cheap".

• You need a permanent solution.  A multicopter that stays in the air for 15 minutes is not going to cut it.

• I dont want to be on the sky permanent.

Example: My alarm detects 3 people, and after this alert, i want to do a scan of the area.

It is not related to flying time as i dont want to be on the sky flying, just to launch it after my alarm sound is triggered.

I think kirby and Pedals2paddles do not understand my point.

I want to do 5-10 minutes search and monitor AFTER my alarm is triggered and the thiefs start leaving the house by the roof. Instead of doing a search by house x house, i want to do a fly search.

• Seems like a lot of hassle to monitor the roof. Couldn't you just put a tv antenna mast up on the roof and attach a security camera to it.

The drone battery is only going to last a few minutes and someone needs to be flying it when you are gone.
  • How big is your house?

• it is inside a normal street, but we suffer from many thiefs attack that hide on other houses roof.

Thats why, i need to monitor the whole street from the sky when my alarm is activated.

I need the lowest cost drone that could be used as a "police drone" to search by infrared or thermal the near houses.

This reply was deleted.

Activity