Possible ArduCopter 3.2 Update Issues

I updated my 3DR Y6 Pixhawk to the new version of ArduCopter about a month or so ago. I haven't had a good chance to fly until a day ago. Now I am having all sorts of problems. First is that it doesn't seem to keep the RC in PWM limits. It wouldn't arm because the throttle limits seemed to have reset. It also seemed to be mixing channels up when I recalibrated, i.e. throttle stick was controlling pitch, etc. It did this during 2 separate flight attempts. On the second flight attempt, I also noticed that the throttle seemed very touchy to throttle input.

My next issue was taking off. When it tried to take off, it would lean very much to one side. In fact during one take off attempt, it flipped over entirely and broke a prop... I had been trying out some larger props, so I thought they might have had something to do with it. I put back the original 10x4.7 props back on, but it was having the same problem. I haven't been able to get off the ground, except for that brief second it was airborn while it was flipping upside down.

I had flown it before the update, it was flying beautifully. It might also be worth noting that these flights were also the first time I had been trying out the DroidPlanner app. I don't know if it is the software, the app changing things on me, or bad luck with hardware.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't know if I am experiencing the same problem but since upgrading to 3.2 my hex no longer has enough power to hover with the gimbal and camera on board. There must be a setting somewhere that's been changed it should lift off with about 50% throtal
This reply was deleted.

Activity