Hi All, 

I have just upgraded to mission planner 1.3.6 build 1.1.5306.14681 and I can not get the compass calibration to work. I am building a new copter and this is a show stopper for me since you can't arm without compass calibration (quite sensibly! )

I just tried on my old copter which used to calibrate fine and its not possible there too ... can you help?

Please see attached screenshot for error details.

PC is running Windows 8.1

Thanks,

Andy

Untitled.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• start MP, goto help screen, hit button (Check for updates) at bottom of screen

• Mission Planner 1.3.7. build 1.1.5407.24027  release

+fix a mag calib issue on apm2

• Fantastic ... Attempting to download now ... Will let you know the progress.

Andy

• All working fine thanks for the rapid support!

Andy

• Hello,

I had exactly the same problem.

Here what I did :

- change the firmware of the APM 2.6 board (I tryed 5 old versions), no way still not working.
    - Then uninstal the Mission planner and reinstall this version 1.3.5 Build 1.1.5260.33055.
    And it work well.
    I have upgraded the firmware of the board with the version 3.1.5.
    And it working well now.
    It seems that the last upgrade of mission planner bugg

Regards I hope that it help you

• Wow, tonight I was just getting ready to reload Y6B default settings for my Y6 and re-calibrate everything; glad I read this.

Chris, which file is the beta version from your link?

This one?

bpJv05w.png

• I have not been able to fly for weeks.  I would love a solution, but am yet to find one.

After months of fault free flying I upgraded to 3.1.5 (and mission planner 1.3.5 build 1.1.5260.33055).

After the upgrading I was unable to calibrate compass, so I did the following:

1. Checked for 3.3VDC on the Mag (3.286VDC tested)

2. Attempted many re-calibration inside, outside, in good weather (no Change)

3. Changed APM 2.6 Board (no Change)

4. Changed GPS/Mag module (no Change)

5. Changed to completely separate magnetometer mounted 300mm above quad (no Change)

6. Tried to use APMPlanner2 (no Change)

7. I have just spent the morning trying to get 3.2rc2 working (no Change)

The image below shows the type of result i am getting when attempting calibration.

3701781948?profile=original

Reading the comment thread above, the only thing I have left to try is going back to old firmware.  Is that the best solution? Should I roll back to older version of Mission Planner as well?

• 3D Robotics

I think the new beta of MP solves this (check beta version in the Config screen), but if you want to revert to an older version of MP, they are all here.

• Hi Chris, thanks for your assistance.  I went and grabbed latest version of MP from here which is 1.3.6 build 1.1.5306.14681.  Could you confirm that this is the new beta of MP you mention above?

A screen showing result is below for your reference.

3702659065?profile=original

NOTE - I am running 3.2rc2 at present

Next step - I will try older firmware, starting with 3.1.4

• I have now got exactly the same problem - EXACTLY!

This is since I uploaded the latest MP and firmware.

This reply was deleted.

Activity