Powering the RDF 900

I have an RDF 900 and have been powering the front side of the of my APM 2.5 from a dedicated battery.  I have decided to use this weight to increase flight time by adding a power module and for the board and a second battery.  From what I can tell the power module is not suitable to the telemetry radio.  How you are folks powering the telemetry?  

Thanks for your help

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How did you come to the conclusion that the PM is not adequate for the RDF900? What is its curret draw?
    • It draw 800ma at full power. The PM provides a max of 2.5A  not sure what the APM, GPS, and RC receiver draw. Seems like with 1/3 taken up by the RDF you could be pushing the limits.  If the PM overloads, you loose the APM, RC receiver, and Telemetry... sounds like a fly away problem with no way to find the aircraft. The PM says it can work with the 3DR telemetry system that only draws 100ma.  

Has anyone used the PM with RDF900 telemetry and had or not had problems?

• You'll find that the draw from the apm, Rx, and GPS is very small. I forget the number, I have it written down at home. I'll bet you'll be under an Amp was the whole set up including the RDF900.
This reply was deleted.

Activity